how to download mutual aid with win500

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathancarlson

I would like to get the VHF/700/800 Mutual Aid as listed in the Colorado Database into my scanner using WIN500. I can not find any of the channels on the below page when I try to import from win500 (either on conventional or trunked) and wasn't sure if it was linked up some how. I also clicked on the download tab and got an excel file, but have never moved anything from excel into win500 so didn't know if there is an easy way to do that, or if there is a specific county/agency category I can choose from within the win500 program.

I know I could just print it and import all the info myself, but I love taking advantage of my membership benefits by importing, and skipping all the data entry. thanks!

This is the page I found the channels I want to import:

VHF/700/800 MHz Mutual Aid Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Also, a thank you to who ever re did the site! I really like how the DTRS sites are all divided up by the county they are in (even though a while back it was added to the site info, a seperate column makes it easier).

Highpockets

I would like to get the VHF/700/800 Mutual Aid as listed in the Colorado Database into my scanner using WIN500. I can not find any of the channels on the below page when I try to import from win500 (either on conventional or trunked) and wasn't sure if it was linked up some how. I also clicked on the download tab and got an excel file, but have never moved anything from excel into win500 so didn't know if there is an easy way to do that, or if there is a specific county/agency category I can choose from within the win500 program.

I know I could just print it and import all the info myself, but I love taking advantage of my membership benefits by importing, and skipping all the data entry. thanks!

This is the page I found the channels I want to import:

VHF/700/800 MHz Mutual Aid Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Also, a thank you to who ever re did the site! I really like how the DTRS sites are all divided up by the county they are in (even though a while back it was added to the site info, a seperate column makes it easier).

Conventional Import - After you hit Start, United States, Colorado, don't fill in a county, click on Agencies in Colorado, it should be the last one on the bottom of the list.

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

nathancarlson

cool thanks guys! I just wasn't sure how to find them in the drop downs so I will give that a shot!. I would click on County, then unknown and get an error message so now I know to NOT select a county and I can get to the agency drop down! Thanks for the link, too! One that I found before I posted this said to go to the software manufacturer website for help, so those links were more helpful.

I am glad we have such a good group here to help each other out!

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Let us know if you get it working or not!

nathancarlson

It worked like a charm! Thanks! I know that they are used (I have heard medical helicopters being told to use STAC-5, ect) so I may not hear much since they are simplex, but its great to have them just in case!

Status
Not open for further replies.