How to download to my scanner with a frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjwb801

Hello! Im a first time user. I want to program a single frequency # 453.325
Please supply me with simple/easy step by step instructions as I am a real neophyte on this new scanner.
If you care to send the instructions to my email, it is balesofgolf@gmail.com
The scanner is a Whistler 1065
Thank you!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hello! Im a first time user. I want to program a single frequency # 453.325
Please supply me with simple/easy step by step instructions as I am a real neophyte on this new scanner.
If you care to send the instructions to my email, it is balesofgolf@gmail.com
The scanner is a Whistler 1065
Thank you!
Step by step instructions for many different tasks on your WS1065 can be found in the Easier to Read Manual:

For instructions on adding a conventional n(non-trunked) frequency, start at this point:

cjwb801

Hello! I'm first time user & only want to program in a single # 453.325 (for our local police).
Then, how do I add additional #'s following this?
I live in Kenton County Kentucky
Please give me step by step instructions as i am a real neophyte on this new scanner.
Thank you!

K4EET

Chaplain
Hello! I'm first time user & only want to program in a single # 453.325 (for our local police).
Please give me step by step instructions as i am a real neophyte on this new scanner.
Thank you!
Looking at the Radio Reference Database, I see where the conventional channel is that you are wanting to program. The database record is found in:
The newer Northern Kentucky P25 system also is found here:
In this P25 system, there is noticeably a large gap in the decimal talkgroup IDs between 30013 (Kenton Regional SWAT 2) and 30040 (Kenton County Fire Operations). It would be a reasonable guess that your police department will migrate to those missing talkgroup IDs in the near future (if they are not already there). You may want to check in the Kentucky forum by clicking on the "Report" link in the bottom left and ask that this thread be moved to that forum for better visibility with the local folks.

As for programming your scanner, you did not say what scanner you have. We would need to know that for one of us to help you out.

Cheers! Dave

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Thank you!
You asked the same question in the Whistler Forum several days ago. I answered your post in that forum.

In the other thread, you stated that you had a WS1065.

As Dave already noted, there are a number of Kenton County talkgroups on this trunked system:

If your county has moved some of their communications to that system, or plan to do so in the near future, your WS1065 will not be able to monitor them. Talkgroups on the Northern Kentucky TRS are P25 Phase II. Your WS1065 is not able to receive Phase II talkgroups.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Continue here...

cjwb801

Looking at the Radio Reference Database, I see where the conventional channel is that you are wanting to program. The database record is found in:
The newer Northern Kentucky P25 system also is found here:
In this P25 system, there is noticeably a large gap in the decimal talkgroup IDs between 30013 (Kenton Regional SWAT 2) and 30040 (Kenton County Fire Operations). It would be a reasonable guess that your police department will migrate to those missing talkgroup IDs in the near future (if they are not already there). You may want to check in the Kentucky forum by clicking on the "Report" link in the bottom left and ask that this thread be moved to that forum for better visibility with the local folks.

As for programming your scanner, you did not say what scanner you have. We would need to know that for one of us to help you out.

Cheers! Dave
my scanner is a whistler 1065. Thanks Dave

K4EET

Chaplain
@cjwb801, well I am a devoted Uniden scanner fan and have never owned a Whistler scanner. That being said, this manual is a great resource:

Easier to Read Pro-651/652/106/197 - WS1040/1065 - PSR 500/600
Digital Scanner Manual

While you should read the pages preceding this, you will be interested particularly in:

That should help you to get your scanner programmed with what you want.

Cheers! Dave

cjwb801

Thanks Dave! As soon as I press the scan key I get an immediate "Heap error". I have no idea what causes that. Any thoughts? Thanks again!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber

cjwb801

Okay...can you tell me how to fix this? I dont see TGID on my selection options. I dont need a trunked system from what I can tell. Sorry for being such a pest. Again, all I want to do is add 3 or 4 numbers for my system to scan....thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.