How to download with win500

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooses

What are the proper steps to download with win500.

I have found the freq's I want and get them checked.
When I click on import another window pops up should I change anything here or just click ok.

I typed the name I wanted to give the Freq's in the system window but I think this is where I messed up.
When I downloaded them to the scanner it shows I am getting trunk info but nothing happens in scan mode. If I go manual I can here everything fine.

Thanks for your help.

Highpockets

What are the proper steps to download with win500.

I have found the freq's I want and get them checked.
When I click on import another window pops up should I change anything here or just click ok.

I typed the name I wanted to give the Freq's in the system window but I think this is where I messed up.
When I downloaded them to the scanner it shows I am getting trunk info but nothing happens in scan mode. If I go manual I can here everything fine.

Thanks for your help.

When you imported from RR did you check (import) one of the tower sites for the system.

EMTRN911

Premium Subscriber
Yes - Chose your site - You must chose at least one site - then chose the banks of frequencies that you want. IMPORT will import to the list, but make sure you save your list as well before importing. Then clicking done will finish the process.

kmbrly

So, would you just choose the sites closest to where you will be using the scanner or the areas where those agencies using the frequencies are?

I have just been checking the unexpanded box containing all of the sites for a particular system when importing data. Am I just wasting a bunch of space by doing this?

kmbrly

I haven't loaded anything onto my scanner, yet. I'm building a collection of downloaded data, first, and then I'm going to add it to the scanner. Is that o.k.? I'm having a hard time with the organizational aspect of all this (on a Pro-106 with the object oriented programming business). I don't know how I'm supposed to arrange things.

EMTRN911

Premium Subscriber
Yes - only chose the site closest to you. Or the town you are located / county you are located in. Using all of the sites will import all of them, and you don't need those.

Status
Not open for further replies.