How to DTMF from Radio to Landline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UTLNOK

Premium Subscriber
I have a Yaesu FT-60R (HT), having issues figuring out how to use the DTMF (Auto-patch) feature to "CALL" a land-line, I have selected (a repeater) listed as capable of "Auto-patch", put the (phone number) into the memory, use the PTT and press the corresponding MEM #, the radio stays connected to the repeater while sending the "string", then nothing...

Not familiar with the DT SPD (DTMF Speed), & DT DLY (DTMF Delay), so don't know if they matter, or not..

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
Normally, there is a DTMF access code that must be entered before you get a dial tone upon which you then dial the desired landline. A club that I'm in has a repeater that's open to everyone but limits the auto-patch to paid members (to cover costs) so have you checked with the repeater owner?

UTLNOK

Premium Subscriber
Normally, there is a DTMF access code that must be entered before you get a dial tone upon which you then dial the desired landline. A club that I'm in has a repeater that's open to everyone but limits the auto-patch to paid members (to cover costs) so have you checked with the repeater owner?

No, sounds a little more complicated than I thought, I'll do some more research before trying again...

K4APR

Some are as simple as a pre * or # to get the autopatch to come up. Then, dial the number as normal. As mentioned above, you might need to be a paying member of the repeater group. You'll then be given a pin of some kind. Usually four digits that must be entered after an initial command is issued to bring it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.