BCD436HP/BCD536HP: How to enter NAC code in Sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.

radionut44

Premium Subscriber
Using Sentinel 2.02 Rev 01. I want to specify NAC for a P25 -1 trunked system to keep id Search from picking up from another system that uses 1 of the frequencies in the system I am monitoring. In Sentinel, the P25 NAC box is gray and will not let me enter a value. However, the easier to read manual for Sentinel indicates I should be able to enter a value. How do I do this?

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
You can’t in the full database

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Using Sentinel 2.02 Rev 01. I want to specify NAC for a P25 -1 trunked system to keep id Search from picking up from another system that uses 1 of the frequencies in the system I am monitoring. In Sentinel, the P25 NAC box is gray and will not let me enter a value. However, the easier to read manual for Sentinel indicates I should be able to enter a value. How do I do this?
The section where the "Easier to Read Manual" for Sentinel discusses entering a NAC code is for a Conventional System, not trunked. Also, the last update was in November of 2016.

The ability to add a NAC code for a trunked system came about this year, in firmware and Sentinel updates pertaining to the SDS100 & SDS200.

radionut44, you tagged this thread as referring to the 436HP. The x36HP series scanners do not have the field to enter a site NAC. If you have the target model set as BCDx36HP, for either the 436HP or 536HP, you will not see a field, in Sentinel, to enter a NAC for a trunked system. Nor is this field accessible on the 436HP or 536HP through the scanner's menu. If you change the target model in Sentinel to either SDS100 or SDS200, you will see a field for NAC entry on a trunked system. However, even if you populate that field, the information will not download to your 436HP, because it's firmware does not any provision to use that information. For the SDS series scanners, the NAC field for a trunked system is on the Site menu.

u2brent

OAMPT
As has been pointed out, that's not an available option for the x36 series radios. But, If the offending frequency is not the CC of the system your trying to monitor, just delete it.. :unsure:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
The BCDx36HP series P25 One Frequency system contains the P25 NAC parameter. All other trunking systems do not. I'll fix ProScan before the next release.

Status
Not open for further replies.