how to export playlist from computer to scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

witter1

I just recently purchased the Radio Shack Pro 18 scanner. I have created a number of playlists on my computer and would love to export those to the scanner but am having difficulty with that task. any ideas?

kcoleman

Have you installed the EZ Scan/iScan software? Did you create these playlists in Excel or something similar?

If so, then all you need to do is to copy all your data by highlighting the data and do a CTRL-C to copy, then in the iScan software on the "Conventional Frequencies" tab, select the "Clipboard" button located in the lower right corner of the iScan window (assuming this has the same layout to the EZ Scan software). Once the import window opens, you can then select the column headings to define what the columns are. Then import.

Once it's all in the iScan software, you can then upload to your SD card.

Good Luck,
Keith

Last edited:

witter1

Keith,
I have installed the IScan software and have created numerous playlists from that software on my computer. When I click on the conventional frequency tab it lists the 322 frequencies that I have created within my 20 playlists. I can't copy that to a clipboard.
Is there any other way to upload my playlists from computer to scanner.

Regards.
Witter1

kcoleman

My apologies... I obviously read the OP in the wrong way and thought you wanted to import your list into the software to upload into the scanner... my bad!!!

The quickest way will be to remove the micro SD card from the radio and use a memory card reader on your PC;
  • Do you have a memory card reader for your PC? and do you have an adapter (micro SD to SD)?
With your configuration loaded into iScan, select the "Scanner/SD Card" menu item and then "Copy Configuration To Scanner Memory/SD Card" , I think there are a couple of confirmation questions at this point, then the configuration is loaded to the card.

Place the memory card back into the scanner, turn it on and you should be good to go. Make sure you enable all your play lists that you want to hear in the general tab as part of the configuration.

If you don't have a memory card reader available, you can connect the scanner to the PC with the supplied USB cable. Make sure you installed the device drivers from your CD!! You can then go through the same menu options I listed above to write the information to the memory card. This method is a little slower and I believe it is easier to corrupt the memory card with this method.

Good Luck,
Keith

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.