How to fight a fire w/o any water?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyC

I suppose some spineless lawyer would try to sue someone, but really, sue mother nature because the temperature was below freezing? And then again, I'm sure there are some that feel that its the responsibility of the government to provided heated water and a mechanism to keep miles of piped warmed water flowing as it stretches into the highest altitudes of the wilderness.:roll:

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
No Lawsuit unless a California Lawyer gets hired.....LOL.................
the fact that it appears they shuttled water proves they gave the best attempt anyway despite the other issues.Besides how far along was this fire when the engines tanks ran dry it might not have made a difference. seems to me things burn to the ground in the mountain a great deal, for several reasons,,,Volunteer departments access, response Time are all example of issues

Warbirdhunter

No Lawsuit unless a California Lawyer gets hired.....LOL.................
the fact that it appears they shuttled water proves they gave the best attempt anyway despite the other issues.Besides how far along was this fire when the engines tanks ran dry it might not have made a difference. seems to me things burn to the ground in the mountain a great deal, for several reasons,,,Volunteer departments access, response Time are all example of issues

I would agree Jeffrey, but lets face it. People sue cause they went to Pet Smart and stepped in dog poo..Someone will whine about it :p

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Might want to understand the Lake Dillon FPD and the Montazuma area before you comment, lucky they saved the foundation, it's a remote area with limited access even during the best of times.

Certainly are getting over criticized by the urban media for a job well done working an excellent tanker shuttle and such, proof of that is available on the Summit County feed archives.

Jim<

Warbirdhunter

Might want to understand the Lake Dillon FPD and the Montazuma area before you comment, lucky they saved the foundation, it's a remote area with limited access even during the best of times.

Certainly are getting over criticized by the urban media for a job well done working an excellent tanker shuttle and such, proof of that is available on the Summit County feed archives.

Jim<

I am sorry if I came across like I was saying they did not do a great job. I know my Uncle and Aunt that live in Grand Lake have been told if the truck can't get into and out of their driveway...they Dept is not going to fight the fire. I think if anything it was interesting to read the challenges they face up there.

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
Two things come to mind:
"The Code of the West" (do a google search for it. If more people read it, they'd understand how things work out here a little better)
"Governmental Immunity". Barring "gross negligence" the fire district would be pretty well protected. Doesn't sound like any gross negligence here.
And lets not forget that the fire department doesn't own the water supply system, the water department (or special district) does.

Status
Not open for further replies.