How to find the digital channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomer92266

Last year I bought a digital scanner as all but Sheriff and ems- fire went digital here in Monroe county, Kentucky. However last night a bad fire near me has one fire and ems responder say lets go to digital channel for less traffic. I have tried to find the digital channel but can't seem to find nothing but analog for the ems and fire here. thanks for any help

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Last year I bought a digital scanner as all but Sheriff and ems- fire went digital here in Monroe county, Kentucky. However last night a bad fire near me has one fire and ems responder say lets go to digital channel for less traffic. I have tried to find the digital channel but can't seem to find nothing but analog for the ems and fire here. thanks for any help
Which scanner do you have?

Besides Fountain Run, which N1GAW noted, the county fire frequencies are also are authorized for digital.

Program the frequencies twice. Once, as analog, which is how it shows in the database.

Program the same frequencies a second time, set as digital, with 'search' to find the NAC (if one is used).

This is common in more rural counties in my area. They use the same frequency as analog as well as digital.

The listing on your county's database page also shows Flippin FD. But that license is expired, and there is no current license under that user name.

Last edited:

braider

Premium Subscriber
I noticed when the Monroe County Fire is on a scene whether fire or accident they will drop the repeater and go simplex. This is still analog FM though. It's the same frequency as the repeater 151.18250 . You have to be real close to hear them. I have picked them up from a little over a mile away.

west-pac

... However last night a bad fire near me has one fire and ems responder say lets go to digital channel for less traffic...

Did you maybe misunderstand them, and they possibly said 'let's go to a direct channel for less traffic'? Hearing units talking about a "direct" channel while on a large/busy scene is more plausible and likely than hearing units talking about a "digital" channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.