How to fix PSR-500, Pro-106, Pro-651 Keypad

Status
Not open for further replies.

121940kz

Just an informational post, if anyone has a scanner with a worn out keypad that won't register key hits, here is a video on how to repair them. Pretty easy and cheap! This should also be the same type of procedure for pretty much any handheld scanner.

https://youtu.be/tr6Rteb97ng

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I have not watched the linked video, but wanted to chime in with how I used to repair keypads on remote control units.

Use aluminum tape, stuck to the the formerly conductive pad. The aluminum will make the connection to the circuit board. Obviously, disassembly takes some work, to avoid damage, and the tape needs to be applied so that it is flat.

Sent via Tapatalk

121940kz

I have not watched the linked video, but wanted to chime in with how I used to repair keypads on remote control units.

Use aluminum tape, stuck to the the formerly conductive pad. The aluminum will make the connection to the circuit board. Obviously, disassembly takes some work, to avoid damage, and the tape needs to be applied so that it is flat.

Sent via Tapatalk
Yeah that would work too, this method is only 5~8 dollars and it uses the actual conductive paint that is originally on keypads. (Not just scanner keypads but pretty much any other button keypads).

Status
Not open for further replies.