SDS100/SDS200: How to force sds100 to digital mode on search?

Mogley

Premium Subscriber
Hello. When I browse up and down frequencies, how can I force the ads 100 to automatically assume the signal is digital? When it stops on things like dmr and nxdn (Both upgrades purchases) it just plays the annoying analog audio and doesn't actually decide to decode it. How can I make my sds100 automatically assume every transmission is digital?

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Define "browse up and down frequencies". There's no way to do this on quick search nor custom searches, it's definitely on my wish list for a future firmware upgrade. You can set audio type on objects saved to your favorites lists, why not on searches? I know there's a digital waiting time adjustment but am pretty sure that's only applicable to P25 and not the DMR nor NXDN you inquired about. I played around with it in the past but noticed little to no difference on DMR or NXDN

Mogley

Premium Subscriber
I was taking about when typing a frequency in manually and then pressing one of the MFD buttons. Your radio will start going up or down the frequency band depending on if you press the left button or the right button. I know I inquired about DMR and nxdn. Just using these as examples. I was talking about type of digital transmission that it can pick up.

Ubbe

it just plays the annoying analog audio and doesn't actually decide to decode it. How can I make my sds100 automatically assume every transmission is digital?
If it doesn't switch to digital after 1/2-1 sec it means that the scanner cannot decode it anyways. So it wont help to have it forced to digital mode. The digital signal probably have too much distortion, either from interference or you are just stuck on a mixing product in the scanner. You will find many of those when doing searches.

The amount of mixing products are huge in a SDS100. Example of doing search

/Ubbe