how to get a pro 96 in canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteman

Hello ppl

While out fishing this summer i dropped my 96 into lake simcoe, &%#!%!!!!!. Anyway I called RS in TX and it seems that like so many other companies in the USA they are no longer shipping to Canada, I am feeling lost not knowing what is going on in Public Safety Land.

Thank you all.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Check out ebay or the for sale forums here.
There was an international # that RS had that allowed for shipments to canada.
You can always get a Uniden scanner from many retailers willing to ship to canada. :)

EFD118

If you call RS and ask for the international phone # they will give it to you. The person's name I delt with is Hazel. The service was very prompt.

There is also a guy on the for sale forum John Coleman that always has pro 96's for sale and I think he will ship to Can.

pathalogical

The RS number for Canada is 1-800-843-7422. I used it to order a stubby ant (20-288) and the infamous 800 MHz ducky, 20-283 a while back.

hypersight

pathalogical said:
The RS number for Canada is 1-800-843-7422. I used it to order a stubby ant (20-288) and the infamous 800 MHz ducky, 20-283 a while back.

How did they ship to you? ie...UPS? US Post?
I'm curious....I may want to order a few things from RS

Gymbag

Premium Subscriber
I have a different phone number for Hazel Pointer at Radio Shack in the US. Send me an email and I will provide it to. BTW never had a problem deaing with Hazel. I ordered my Pro-96 and Pro-2052 from her as well as other products.

pathalogical

hypersight said:
How did they ship to you? ie...UPS? US Post?
I'm curious....I may want to order a few things from RS
I threw out my receipts a while back. Some guy in a white van showed up at my door, I paid my gst/pst and that was it. I think USPS to the border and then CanPost picked it up from there. Not UPS. The box was labled 'amateur radio equipment'. Hope this helps.

hypersight

pathalogical said:
I threw out my receipts a while back. Some guy in a white van showed up at my door, I paid my gst/pst and that was it. I think USPS to the border and then CanPost picked it up from there. Not UPS. The box was labled 'amateur radio equipment'. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.