How to get informaiton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edperuta

Premium Subscriber
I have renewed a premium subcription and have a Uniden BCD396T scanner and cannot connect to RadioReferce to download frequencies to my scanner.

I am extremely frustrated.

I also have the latest Butel ARC Pro software and can't get in using their software.

HELP

Ed Peruta
American News
edperuta@amcable.tv

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Moved to the software forum. You can log into the Radioreference site, so it not a system wide topic.

captclint

Mentor
I also have the latest Butel ARC Pro software and can't get in using their software.
First the obvious. Make sure your user name and PW are correct. case is important. If that is OK, please tell us what happens when you try to log on. Do you see the screen with the Country, State and County pulldowns? If not, what are the error msg's? You might also try disabling your firewall temporarily. You say you just renewed your membership. Have you successfully downloaded anything from RR before, or is this the 1st time you've tried?

Edperuta

Premium Subscriber
I get an initial red progress bar in the upper left under STATE

And a red progress section at the bottom that says wait connecting and then I get this

INIT not ok, can't read user data,

The drop down windows will not let me select a state and is covered by the drop down area for courtny and agency.

The State drop down box works and the tabs work, but I can't access any informaiton.

I was back when the program was first purchased able to download to the scanner.

I disabled my firewall and still can't get it to function

I am using ARC396Pros version 3.2.004 PRO with a new Premium subcription

Last edited:

captclint

Mentor
have a Uniden BCD396T and ARC396Pros version 3.2.004 PRO and cannot connect to RadioReferce to download frequencies to my scanner. Get INIT not ok, can't read user data
Have an ARC500 user with exact same problem. Fairly knowledgeable poster said it was incorrect login. Hopefully, Butel will get to you and/or the other guy and solve this one.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Arc software

I have renewed a premium subcription and have a Uniden BCD396T scanner and cannot connect to RadioReferce to download frequencies to my scanner.

I am extremely frustrated.

HELP

Ed Peruta
American News
edperuta@amcable.tv

Are you using the most up to date Arc396pro software V 3.2.004 ????
Steve

Edperuta

Premium Subscriber
Arc396 pro

I have downloaded the latest software and stll cannot connect.

I have gone to BuTel's website and they have the Basis and Pro version of their progarm available for download and I have tried both.

No luck.

It's gotta be something stupid I just can't figure it out. I'll try more tomorrow.

Ed

baddlord777

I'm having a similar issue and yes, it's frustrating. I have the ARC996 pro and im using the BCD996T. Had to format computer and reinstall software.

First issue: When i open ARCpro996 software i get: welcome to arcpro software, this is a time restricted demo version. I already registered both key codes after installing software. It finished by printing out reg. info and such. Still goes into demo mode when i open. Says its 30 mins.

Second issue: when i try and connect to radio reference its shows in the bottom bar in 'blue' "radiorefdisconnected, wait retrieving http data" internets fine, baud is fine com is fine....prem. paid for in full. Scanner is detected, pulls freq's from scanner and sends to scanner....was working before my subscription expired. Now i'm a prem. member again and i cant use anything. when i click tap to connect, there are no county, state or systems to view. 3 buttons below the connect are grayed out. user name/password are correct and in lower case. I even logged in thinking maybe i had to be logged in prior to opening software. Would appreciate some help. Spent 4 days trying to get this to work.

baddlord777

Thank you VERY much..everything is working as designed now...Very nice ! Even the software does not show in demo mode anymore. Appreciate the help and quick response.

Status
Not open for further replies.