How to get one feed listed in two counties?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewclegg

Howdy,

Using a cheap USB sound card I found (see previous post), I've added a new feed: Virginia State Police, Arlington/Fairfax. The feed is listed under Arlington County, but how do I also get it listed under Fairfax County? This channel covers both counties. I put that information in my feed description as requested, but it still just got listed under my "home" county of Arlington. (I see that it is possible to get listed under multiple counties, such as the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (MWAA) feed in various counties surrounding DC).

Thanks a bunch,
Andy

andrewclegg

Nevermind -- for some reason I did not see the previous thread on this the first time I looked through. I just submitted a Feed Change Request to add Fairfax County.

Cheers,
Andy

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
The feed is already located under Fairfax as well as these counties:

Arlington VA
Alexandria VA
Falls Church VA

SO i take it that Alexandria and Falls Church does not need to be assigned?

Last edited:

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Ok i just realized that it was under Fairfax City not county(gosh i hate those independent cities:)), i have it fixed now. What about those additional counties, does it need to be listed under those?

Last edited:

j2brown

Feed Provider
Division 7 also covers Loudoun and Price William counties, so you may want to list it there as well.

jeff
sdg

andrewclegg

Thanks a bunch. It was not listed under Fairfax, Falls Church, and Alexandria when I posted my inquiry, so it must have been done almost right after. That request was with my original feed application, and I guess someone acted on that.

This feed covers Arlington and Fairfax Counties, and the cities of Alexandria, Falls Church, and Fairfax (City). Thanks. It should not be listed under Prince William and Loudon Counties, as there is a different Division 7 frequency that covers that. I guess I could scan both Division 7 frequencies, but for the time being, I'll leave it just on Arlington/Fairfax to avoid confusion.

Thanks again -- Andy

j2brown

Feed Provider
Sorry for my ignorance. It's been a long time since I listened to VSP and I didn't remember about the two frequencies.

Think first, post second. Maybe next time...

jeff
sdg

Status
Not open for further replies.