How to Get the Fire Tone Out into the 436?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tedm

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

I found the Tone out Freq but how do I enter it in the 436?
I did enter it in the Tone Freq Profile in Sentinel but the scanner does not seem to respond to it as it is picking up other city's still.

Best Regard
Ted

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You'll need to know and enter three separate things for Fire Tone Out.

One is the receive Radio Frequency for the channel being used for paging, such as 152.0075.

Then you'll need to know the frequencies of the tones that activate the pagers. Examples of these would be 1034.7 for Tone A and 524.6 for Tone B.

Also when the scanner is in Fire Tone Out, it acts like a pager. You will not hear any audio until the correct tone sequence (the Tone A followed by the Tone B) is received. When the tones are received, the audio unmutes and you hear the traffic.

Tedm

Premium Subscriber
Regarding the Tone out issue.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have Tone A and B.

I did not know there was another frequency that Menlo Park Fire uses other than their primary channel 153.890.

I will see if I can figure out what that is.

Again thank you for your reply.

Best Regards
Sincerely,

Ted,

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
There are several different frequencies shown as "Dispatch" for San Mateo County. I'd suggest programming all of them and seeing which have two tone paging. Those would be the ones you'd set up for Fire Tone Out.

There are no "hard and fast" rules about channel labeling. Just because something says "Dispatch" doesn't always mean it is a tone and voice paging or other type of alerting frequency.

Tedm

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

I will program in the dispatch freq.

Thank you.
Best Regards
Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.