TwoToneDetect HOW TO GET YOUR OWN LINKS IN TEXT MESSAGES

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhsands

Feed Provider
See attached document. Thanks to @canthonysmith for double checking the document.

Hosting options:
1] VirMach webhosting $5/mo Shopping Cart - VirMach
* "Maximum 250 e-mails per hour"
* "All plans come with a free domain (forever!) on annual purchase"

2] Create a LAMP droplet at Digital Ocean: LAMP Hosting | DigitalOcean Marketplace 1-Click App

3] For the really adventurous, install a domain hosting control panel on blank droplet/VM

4] FreeHosting Free Hosting package
* Czech Republic
* Everything to easily do this project if you believe the Fair Use Policy allows you to do so.
* By listing this as an option, I am not interpreting the Fair Use Policy for you. That is for you to interpret.

5] x10Hosting Free Hosting Features
* "We are currently not accepting new accounts while we perform maintenance on our backend systems. We expect to re-open by the end of March."

I have two custom VMs that work great for this type of project.
VirMach (Webmin/Virtualmin) = 512MB Memory / 15 GB Disk / Atlanta = $2.50/month
You have to leave Webmin/Virtualmin off while not using it or upgrade else you will violate the disk I/O fair usage policy.
Digital Ocean (VestaCP) = 1 GB Memory / 20 GB Disk / NYC2) = $5.00/month

Attachments

• HOW TO GET YOUR OWN LINKS IN TEXT MESSAGES.pdf
    92.1 KB · Views: 64

Res21cue

Feed Provider
This is exactly what I need now that TTD Audio Hosting is going to be toast. I need to be able to have a URL Sent to my members so they can hear the audio but I am FTP Stupid

The document is great but I have no idea how to set up an FTP Server. After you subscribe to one of the services above then what?

If anyone could help that would be awesome.

jhsands

Feed Provider
1] The hosting services come with FTP.

2] VestaCP and Virtualmin will install it.

3] Digital Ocean Droplet: How To Set Up vsftpd for a User's Directory on Ubuntu 18.04 | DigitalOcean

Setting up your own server from scratch for the first time I'd figure 25-30 hours. Most people are better off just buying webhosting that includes FTP. The webhosting service fixes the stuff that breaks whereas you have to be good at reading logs and using web search.virmach basic hosting.png

Res21cue

Feed Provider
So sign up for VirMach (#1)

Pick a domain and see if its available.

Go from there

Ok. I may (likely) will be back with more questions.

Thanks!

Res21cue

Feed Provider
Hi. Ok I bought a 1 year on VirMach. Created a domain (pcfirepage.com) and set up and FTP Account.

I have TTD Sending the URL Link but when you click it, it says the page does not exist nor can I find where the audio is being uploaded to the FTP Server

When you attempt to go to pcfirepage.com it also says it does not exit. I suspect I have to do something more on VirMach?

Also in your attached help document you show the FTP Remote Path as being blank. Should I have something in there?

Any help would be great.

Thanks again

jhsands

Feed Provider
Your domain is not showing up as valid yet. The registration has not fully gone through.

Code:
root@ps:~# nslookup pcfirepage.com
Server:         1.1.1.2
Address:        1.1.1.2#53

** server can't find pcfirepage.com: NXDOMAIN

Also in your attached help document you show the FTP Remote Path as being blank. Should I have something in there?

You can create a subdirectory like /audio and put that in the box, but you don't have to. My ftp username twotone_columbia automatically puts the files in the /columbia/ directory because that is the way the FTP username is designed.

Res21cue

Feed Provider
Hi. Sorry to bother again. Hoping you can help me

My Domain is active now.

I thought I had everything set up right but I guess not.

TTD Is sending the URL link but when you click on it, it says 403 Forbidden openresty

It also doesn't appear anything is being uploaded to the FTP side either as all the folders are empty?

Maybe I need more set up on the FTP Side? Please take a look at these photos

Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• Settings.JPG
    Settings.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 11
  • ttdconfig.JPG
    ttdconfig.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 12

jhsands

Feed Provider
Hi. Sorry to bother again. Hoping you can help me

My Domain is active now.

I thought I had everything set up right but I guess not.

TTD Is sending the URL link but when you click on it, it says 403 Forbidden openresty

It also doesn't appear anything is being uploaded to the FTP side either as all the folders are empty?

Maybe I need more set up on the FTP Side? Please take a look at these photos

Any help would be appreciated

Does that FTP username automatically upload to a subdirectory or to the root (/) ? You can use FileZilla to check. Ninite FileZilla Unattended Silent Installer and Updater

Login and post a pic of what FileZilla shows remotely.

Res21cue

Feed Provider
Sorry....Im so lost. I really thought this would be easier. Thank you for the help.

What would my host and username be? I tried what I thought it would be with no luck.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• filezilla.JPG
    filezilla.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 9

Res21cue

Feed Provider
This might be easier if we are using the same program for FTP Set up. Are you using VirMach or another one?

jhsands

Feed Provider
This might be easier if we are using the same program for FTP Set up. Are you using VirMach or another one?

Your host is ftp.pcfirepage.com and your username is testtonettdaudio@pcfirepage.com . Did you set that up in the console as a user?

Chat with VirMach and tell them you are trying to FTP upload audio files to pcfirepage.com/audio/ (better to use subdirectory) and then access them through a direct link. They will help you. Don't mention anything extra like TwoToneDetect... that should be all you need to mention at the start.

Res21cue

Feed Provider
Sorry. I forgot all about this

in Gona be honest; I still don’t know much about it.
I literally had to ask my IT sErvices friend you Help me by giving him my username and password to VirMach and the stuff he changed; figured out and moved around the make it work was all nothing short of Chinese to me and he was a solid 2 hrs at it with full access. It works now; But he was talking about IPs pointing to odd places And countries and things that just came default with VirMach. It was almost like they expected anyone signing up would have an IT background and just know to change things.

it’s awesome; it works and does exactly what we want it to do but to be perfectly honest unless your super skilled in IT stuff (unlike me) it’s going to be challenging as VirMach didn’t really have anything set up to be user friendly.

If you have any questions about something specific I’d be happy to do screen shots or something to help explain the best I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.