How to hear Mobile Units in the field

Status
Not open for further replies.

jitrevino

Premium Subscriber
I read that the beeps you hear after Dispatch finishes a broadcast is the moblie unit speaking on the input channel. These broadcasts by the field unit are "masked". You have to program in the corresponding input frequency to be able to hear what the mobile unit is saying.

I have downloaded the frequencies available from this forums database via WIn97.

I hear dispatch fine but I almost always hear the masked beep instead of the units responding to dispatch.

Is there anything special that I have to do be able to hear the mobile units?

Thanks!

I am using a Pro 106 in Palmdale, CA

brandon

Database Admin
You can hear mobile unit on 486.0375.
Best results are with outdoor antenna or if your close to the deputy transmitting.
Sometimes they enable the patch and you can hear them on the dispatch channel. Mostly for working incidents or general broadcasts.

bigcatmotorhead

Premium Subscriber
If you want to listen to LASO they use base and mobile frequencies. If you only have the base frequencies programmed you will hear what deputies hear in the car, Dispatch talking and beeps to let deputy know that another deputy is talking. You can program the mobile frequencies but they transmit much weaker and you may not hear them well. Deputies will ask for the "patch" so they can give out a crime broadcast from the scene area wide and will use the "patch" for pursuits on primary dispatch channels. They also use L-Tac freqs for local tactical operations and A-Tac freqs for area wide tactical operations if deputies from more than one station are involved in an incident such as a the termination of a pursuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.