How to I get rid of ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nmiller1945

Premium Subscriber
I am very new to this and am trying to just have my Prescott Valley Arizona scanned but I keep getting the following stuff scanned and I want to have this stuff NOT BE scanned: FM BROADCAST, MILITARY AIR, SPECIAL, CUSTOM (1 THRU 10), PUBLIC SAFETY, NEWS, HAM, MARINE, RAILROAD, AIR, CB RADIO, FRS/GMRS/MURS, and RACING. I called Uniden and they said to just exchange it... they could not help. Nancy Miller in Arizona

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If you have a 435 or 536, read the section of the manual about Service Types (page 54).

mule1075

Feed Provider
I am very new to this and am trying to just have my Prescott Valley Arizona scanned but I keep getting the following stuff scanned and I want to have this stuff NOT BE scanned: FM BROADCAST, MILITARY AIR, SPECIAL, CUSTOM (1 THRU 10), PUBLIC SAFETY, NEWS, HAM, MARINE, RAILROAD, AIR, CB RADIO, FRS/GMRS/MURS, and RACING. I called Uniden and they said to just exchange it... they could not help. Nancy Miller in Arizona
Press function and lockout twice when it is scanning those systems.Or go in the service search menu and lock them out individually

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

teufler

you said you had a 396xt, have you downloaded Freescan yet? Through the software, you can adjust what you want and do not want to listen too. There will be many options that you can "tweak" your listening pleasure. Be thankful as many have scanners that seem to not hear anything.

A shortcut, if you can hold on presscott valley, hold hold down about 2 seconds or longer, hold blinks, then press scan and you ONLY scan prescott valley. now you turn the scanner off, when you power up again, you have to do this all over,.

teufler

I really am not sure as the thread said 396xt and the next comment refered to a 436. I took a gamble on a 396xt. She has a problem and we are all trying to help.

Nmiller1945

Premium Subscriber
It is a bcd396xt... I am going to try and lockout.... geeze, I have bitten off more than I can chew! I have tried Butel arcxt, and now I will try the free one...

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
( > = Press Selection Knob ) First Press Menu button on side of radio to get to Menu Screen, scroll to "Search For" > "Edit Service" > Scroll to the service you want to lock out > "Search with Scan" > "Set Lockout" > Scroll to Lockout >. Press Menu button to go back and select another service or Press Scan to Exit.

Easier to Read BCD396XT Digital Scanner Manual

Check out the link above.

Last edited:

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I was editing my reply when you last replied. Read my updated post above now.

I am shocked that someone at Uniden would advise you to return the unit when it was a simple adjustment. Read the manual that I posted and get use to maneuvering through the menu.

You are always welcome to PM me with any questions as well. Enjoy :)

AC2OY

See Nancy all you have to do is ask!!...LOL I will tell you my secret....easier to read manuals and you tube!! I'm glad you got stuff sorted out toggling off and on service types can be very helpful but there are msny ways of filtering stuff out.

Status
Not open for further replies.