How to import a databese using FreeSCAN 2.1 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

swboss

Premium Subscriber
First time user... I can not figure out how to import a Radio Reference database into FreeSCAN so I can then upload it into a BCD996XT. The "Import" window in FreeSCAN has nothing listed under #2 for choosing which systems, sites & groups to import.

Highpockets

First time user... I can not figure out how to import a Radio Reference database into FreeSCAN so I can then upload it into a BCD996XT. The "Import" window in FreeSCAN has nothing listed under #2 for choosing which systems, sites & groups to import.

When you put your cursor over the Import, you should see to the right:

RadioReference Conventional
RadioReference Trunked

Click on your choice and you'll get another screen where you log in then you'll have choices of State, County, etc. where you'll be able to pick the freq's or systems you want to import.

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The process is defined in the user guide; here are the 2 specific types of import (conventional or trunked)

Freescan RR Conv Import - The RadioReference Wiki

Freescan RR Trunk Import - The RadioReference Wiki

A lot of the process is driven by pulldowns - as you complete a step, another set of pulldowns is made available. Once you've done it a few times, it's quite easy.

You can get to the user guide from Help/Online Help in the toolbar if you are online while using FreeScan, or directly here...

FreeScan User Guide - The RadioReference Wiki

best regards..Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.