How To In Sentinel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa2sqq

Some off topic camera help for UPMan

OT (a bit), but I'd be happy if the camera I bought this year from a major Japanese consumer electronics company (not Nikon) would simply snap the shutter when I press the shutter button. I still haven't figured out what setting I've not got correctly set (and I've been using that brand and the brand it used to be before purchased by the current brand since 1981...).

UPMan
This attribute with digital still cameras ih responsible for about 25% of all the calls we receive. Film cameras typically had manual focus, so the shutter activation was a one step virtually instantaneous process. By default most digital cameras use auto focus. The first 50% of the shutter button's press activates the auto focus. The remaining 50% trips the shutter. Older cameras, primarily the less expensive point and shoot cameras, tend to be slow in the AF operation. The intended operation instructs the user to compose the photo, half press the shutter button (to focus), and finally press all the way to capture the image. Most people will fully press the shutter button which inserts the auto focus time into the total image capture sequence. This is generally known as "shutter lag".

Our (Panasonic / Lumix) newest cameras have a shutter lag on .06 sec! Hope this helps.

wa2sqq

Selective Audio Recording

Spent the weekend getting familiar with the Sentinal software. Can someone explain how I can enable the audio recording only to a specific channel. I know it must be possible since many of Uniden's older scanners had this feature.

Bob
"The User Formerly Known as NYDXA"

Status
Not open for further replies.