How to listen to Palm Beach County Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic04GT

Hello all,

I am posting this for my father as he recently picked up a new scanner mainly for the purpose of listening to the Palm Beach County Sheriffs and EMS. However, I can't manage to find the frequencies for him.

This is what I dug up:
Palm Beach
Police have moved to the Palm Beach Gardens Public Safety System (Opensky) and cannot be monitored.

855.31250 WNDL986 RM 127.3 PL Palm Bch PD Police (Backup to TRS) FM Law Tac
855.63750 WNAF803 RM 127.3 PL Palm Bch PD Police (Backup to TRS) FM Law Tac
856.03750 WNAF803 RM 127.3 PL Palm Bch PD Police (Backup to TRS)

Does this mean he won't be able to listen to them on a standard scanner? I used the Live Audio on here and that seems to work well for PB Police. He would enjoy listening to it in bed though so if it's impossible then he should probably return the $400 scanner that won't meet his needs.

I am pretty sure this is the scanner he owns.
RadioShack® PRO-106 39,000-Channel Digital Handheld Scanner - RadioShack.com

Thanks a lot for any help. I already informed him it's likely not going to happen due to the OpenSky mention above. I was a radio operator in the military but I don't know anything about this stuff.

Last edited:

ermin

Hello all,

I am posting this for my father as he recently picked up a new scanner mainly for the purpose of listening to the Palm Beach County Sheriffs and EMS. However, I can't manage to find the frequencies for him.

This is what I dug up:
Palm Beach
Police have moved to the Palm Beach Gardens Public Safety System (Opensky) and cannot be monitored.

855.31250 WNDL986 RM 127.3 PL Palm Bch PD Police (Backup to TRS) FM Law Tac
855.63750 WNAF803 RM 127.3 PL Palm Bch PD Police (Backup to TRS) FM Law Tac
856.03750 WNAF803 RM 127.3 PL Palm Bch PD Police (Backup to TRS)

Does this mean he won't be able to listen to them on a standard scanner? I used the Live Audio on here and that seems to work well for PB Police. He would enjoy listening to it in bed though so if it's impossible then he should probably return the $400 scanner that won't meet his needs.

I am pretty sure this is the scanner he owns.
RadioShack® PRO-106 39,000-Channel Digital Handheld Scanner - RadioShack.com

Thanks a lot for any help. I already informed him it's likely not going to happen due to the OpenSky mention above. I was a radio operator in the military but I don't know anything about this stuff.

Hello

Palm Beach County is Motorola Type II SmartZone system which you can monitor with a conventional trunked scanner. Go here for the info;
Palm Beach County Public Safety Radio System Trunking System, Palm Beach, Florida - Scanner Frequencies

Palm beach Gardens is open sky.

You can hear the rest of the county.

Ermin

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
Don't get Palm Beach Police confused with the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office (PBSO). 2 totally different agencies on 2 different radio systems.

PBSO you can hear and Palm Beach Police you cannot.

Sonic04GT

Thanks for the responses. Palm Beach County Sheriffs are what he wants. Not really concerned about Palm Beach city police. I'll take a look over that page.

Sonic04GT

I noticed they're all in "decimal" format. Will he be able to do that with the scanner in the first post, and will it be difficult to punch in by hand?

ermin

I noticed they're all in "decimal" format. Will he be able to do that with the scanner in the first post, and will it be difficult to punch in by hand?

Hello Sonic04GT

If he does not have the software and cable to program it he will only see a number (he will see 34192 in the display when a fire dispatch is made instead of Fire / Rescue Main for example) You program the radio to display the words instead of the numbers.
It can be done by hand but (there is around 300 talk groups for the county) it will take a really long time to enter them by the keypad.
Get the software. I've been listening to the police since 1959 but I've enjoyed it the most when I got my Pro-96 and the great Starrsoft software. A lot more fun now and very easy to customize after the initial programming.

Ermin

Status
Not open for further replies.