How To Listen To TalkGroups | Pro-106

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unlimited

I got my talkgroups to say "NO TSYS" but fixed that. Now when I hit scan. I listen to the talkgroup but nothing ever comes over it. I ask the people at radio shack they didn't know what to do to it. So I hope some one here can help me on this. What do i have to do to listen to the talkgroup.

**Alson on the Sioux Falls Freq. do i program thoses into the talkgroup freq? or where do i get the freq for the talkgroup?

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
I take it you are using TGRP objects (ID's) and TSYS objects (frequencies) from this statewide Motorola Smartzone system. South Dakota State Radio System Trunking System, Statewide, South Dakota - Scanner Frequencies

You are apparently using scanner keyboard for programming. Under my signature is a programming shortcut link which may help in programming. At top of the above SD statewide system are three Custom Frequency Tables, which this scanner needs. Programming instructions for these start in bottom of the shortcut link.

You only need to program the Blue and Red frequencies for desired site (005 maybe). The talkgroup (TGRP Objects) are near bottom of above link under title of Minnehaha County Talkgroups. Use the 5 digit DEC numbers, and you can tag them as in database.

Unlimited

SCPD

QRT
yes program the frequencies , then enter The talk groups in the same Tsys. make sure the scan list in which the system is set up is enabled. are you using programming software if so post the file & someone will give ya some tips if needed.
Paul

Last edited:

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Ok so i only need those freq in the talkgroup freqs? and then i can listen to them, What i want is FIRE and EMS mainly. Analog was alot easier but i like to learn the new technolgy.

yes program the frequencies , then enter The talk groups in the same Tsys. make sure the scan list in which the system is set up is enabled. are you using programming software if so post the file & someone will give ya some tips if needed.
Paul
Hey Paul, there are no Fire and EMS talkgroups in Sioux Falls Two Way But there are a bunch in the link in my post.

Unlimited

Ok now you guys got me confused.

What freq do i add into the scanners TGRP Freqencies?

I have now all the freq that are listed on the South Dakota Trunking Page into the scanner and the Two Way Freq listed in the TGRP.

I want ID: 23712 - Sioux Falls PD East - Dispatch

what freq do i need in that one. And I still can't heard talking over them. :(

qlajlu

Silent Key
Just FYI you don't need to program in an LCN for LTR into the 106.

Ok, thanks, I learn new things everyday here.. Only had my pro 196 for about 2.5 months also:)

According to this article in the RR Wiki,
Uniden scanners and Radio Shack scanners that track LTR Standard systems require that the channels be programmed in proper logical order in order to properly monitor the system, with exception of the Radio Shack Pro-92 and Pro-2067, that do not require that the LTR frequencies be in proper order but tracking is less efficiently accomplished. This ordering is referred to as the Logical Channel Number or LCN.

Only the Pro-92 and Pro-2067 do not require LCN order on an LTR system.

I have now all the freq that are listed on the South Dakota Trunking Page into the scanner and the Two Way Freq listed in the TGRP.

Sorry, SF-FireRescue, I cannot help you. I do not have experience programming LTR systems without using software. I just needed to reply to those two quotes above. Follow fmon's instructions and you will be fine.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012

TGRP Objects are not frequencies. Frequencies are listed in upper part of the statewide system and you only need to program the 2 blue and 1 red frequency from site 005.
Did you use this shortcut?Programming Shortcut PSR-500/600 RS Pro-106/197 - The RadioReference Wiki
Start with step 1 and finish with step 31.

jrholm

You do not have to have an LTR system in LCN. Check page 83 of the owner's manual it gives instructions on "Home repeater auto move" on an LTR system. Just program in thre freqs for the LTR system you want move down through the TSYS set up menu to "AutoMove HRs" and toggle it to on.

qlajlu

Silent Key
You do not have to have an LTR system in LCN. Check page 83 of the owner's manual it gives instructions on "Home repeater auto move" on an LTR system. Just program in thre freqs for the LTR system you want move down through the TSYS set up menu to "AutoMove HRs" and toggle it to on.

Yep, you are right jrholm. Except it is page 68 in my manual. :D

When AutoMove HRs is turned on, you may enter the LTR system frequencies in any order, and the PSR-600 will automatically move the frequencies to the proper home repeater slots as transmissions are received on the system.

I wonder if the RR Wiki should be edited to reflect this. :confused:

Unlimited

TGRP Objects are not frequencies. Frequencies are listed in upper part of the statewide system and you only need to program the 2 blue and 1 red frequency from site 005.
Did you use this shortcut?Programming Shortcut PSR-500/600 RS Pro-106/197 - The RadioReference Wiki
Start with step 1 and finish with step 31.

Yes I did read it. There are is only 1 blue and 1 red from 005. At part 22 to 31 gets confusing with the tables. What do I put in the tables? Most of Sioux Falls is Mot. 800/900 i think.

jrholm

Okay I just looked at the system I think you are trying to program. It's not a Mot 800/900, it's a Mot VHF/UHF so the custom tables you need to program in are the hi/lo, offset, step, and base.

If you look up towards the top of that database page you can find most of this info. where it says, "custom frequency table" it actually shows 3 different set ups.

1. Base 155.4150 Spacing 15.0 Offset 380
2. Base 157.2000 Spacing 12.5 Offset 436
3. Base 157.4700 Spacing 15.0 Offset 454

Now all you need is the hi/lo, and of course I don't have my info with me today and I'm just don't have the time right now to look for it here (but it is here in the wiki I think). But from the top of my head the hi/lo's are pretty straight forward and common if another member can jump in and help maybe we'll have his problem licked.

Unlimited

Here Is What I Did

I followed the Link to program them.

I entered all the Red And Blue freq. for the Sioux Falls Area. Then I put in the Base and Offset and Hi and Lo.

Hi-759
Lo-380

Thoses where on the prgramming page.

Then I add the spacing un Step because there was no Spacing in the Scanner.

I hit SCAN then I saw the LED and the screen (about 30 secs after i hit SCAN) said what I programed and no one or anything came over it. What did i do wrong. RadioShack doesn't know at all on TGRP.

Thanks

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
There are thee custom tables to program, see note in bold which you missed in first round of programming.
Code:
Base   	    Spacing   	Offset  
155.4150   	15.0   	380  
157.2000   	12.5   	436  
157.4700   	15.0   	454
o 21. Down through Expert for Type MOT VHF/UHF stop at T Tables: then Rt button to Custom.
o 22. SEL again and Key in 1st Lo Chan: then F1
o 23. Down and key in Hi Chan: then F1
o 24. Down and key in Offset: then F1
o 25. Down and key in Base: then F1
o 26. Down and key in Step: then F1
Note: if more tables are required repeat steps 22 through 26

These talkgroup objects are pulled from the SD Statewide Link from my first post.
Minnehaha County Talkgroups

Code:
DEC*	Alpha Tag	Description
5824	BRNDN FIRE	Brandon Fire Tac*
18240	MNHA INTERGY	Minnehaha Co Interagency*
23440	MNHA FIRE 1	Minnehaha Co Fire 1*
23456	MNHA FIRE 2	Minnehaha Co Fire 2*
23472	SFLS FIRE 1	Sioux Falls Fire 1*
23488	SFLS FIRE 2	Sioux Falls Fire 2*
23504	SFLS FIRE 3	Sioux Falls Fire 3*
23520	SFLS FIRE 4	Sioux Falls Fire 4*
23536	SFLS FIRE 5	Sioux Falls Fire 5*
23552	SFLS FIRE 6	Sioux Falls Fire 6*
23568	MNHA CD	        Minnehaha Co Civil Def.*
23584	MNHA FIRE CM	Minnehaha Co Fire Cmd*
23600	MNHA FIRE ST	Minnehaha Co Fire Staff*
23616	MNHA EMS	Minnehaha Co EMS*
23632	MNHA FIRE 3	Minnehaha Co Fire 3*
23648	MNHA SP OPS1	Minnehaha Co Sp Ops 1*
23664	MNHA SP OPS2	Minnehaha Co Sp Ops 2*
23680	MNHA SP OPS3	Minnehaha Co Sp Ops 3*
23696	SFLS MET EMS	Sioux Falls Metro EMS*
23712	SFLS PD EAST	Sioux Falls PD East*
23728	SFLS PD WEST	Sioux Falls PD West*
23744	SFLS PD CENT	Sioux Falls PD Central*
23760	MNHA LAW 1	Minnehaha Co Law 1*
23776	MNHA LAW 2	Minnehaha Co Law 2*
23792	SFLS ANM CTL	Sioux Falls Animal Control*
23808	MNHA LAW DAT	Minnehaha Co Law Data*
23824	MNHA CD 1	         Minnehaha Co Civil Def. 1*
Use Alpha Tag or up to 16 characters of description..

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Pay attention to this notation from the programming shortcut.
* For Motorola VHF/UHF system Types, key in T Tables

Generally the first Lo Chan is always 380 and the last channel is 759. When subsequent channels are needed, the Hi Chan of previous table is always one number less then next table Lo Chan. The final Hi Chan should always be channel 759. Lo Chan and Offset values are always the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.