How to manually add a talkgroup through sentinal that is not in Rr database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoss88

I found talkgroup 61901 in Webster county but it is not in the radio reference database. I've been trying to figure out how to program manually through sentinel without luck. Can't figure out how to enter the tgid # in sentinal.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I found talkgroup 61901 in Webster county but it is not in the radio reference database. I've been trying to figure out how to program manually through sentinel without luck. Can't figure out how to enter the tgid # in sentinal.
If you are scanning only by using the main database, along with your location & range, you will not be able to add it.

However, if you are scanning via a Favorites list, then you can add it via the Favorites Editor.

If you have identified what that TGID (61091) is being used for, submit the information to the database. Then, once a database admin has added it to the system, it will be in the main database after the next weekly update.

Hoss88

I am scanning using favorite lists. I think it was ft dodge police. they were testing equipment driving around city checking reception. Webster County is supposed to switch over to ISICS by the end of the end of the month, I believe. I will submit the info when I find out what they are. You will have to point in the direction on how I go about doing that.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I am scanning using favorite lists. I think it was ft dodge police. they were testing equipment driving around city checking reception. Webster County is supposed to switch over to ISICS by the end of the end of the month, I believe. I will submit the info when I find out what they are. You will have to point in the direction on how I go about doing that.
If this is the system you're referring to:

Look toward the top of the page:
1602467215011.png
The submit button, for any trunked system, will be in the same area. Press Submit, and that takes you to a screen where you can enter the information to be submitted. Be sure & note what agency the TGID is used for, what is the actual use (PD Dispatch for ??? city, a different function?), and if you hear it referenced by a specific name ("Fort Dodge Ch 2" for example) include that as well.

For your county, the Submit button is also at the top of the page, but over towards the right side of the page.
1602467732245.png
Note either in your trunked system submission that the TGID is for Fort Dodge PD (or whatever agency uses it), in Webster County, or also submit a note through the county's page that Ft. Dodge xxx has moved to ISICS, or that their dispatch is patched to the talkgroup on the trunked system (a patch would be the case if you were hearing the same thing on both the conventional dispatch (or other conventional channel) as well on the talkgroup you submitted.

hightime

To enter a channel manually in sentinel, click on the favorites list you want to put it in and then hit the yellow star with pencil on it. A popup box will appear with the favorite list highlighted. Click OK. An editing page will come up with the favorites list with a +. click the plus sign and Systems list will appear, click the + sign of the system you want to edit. The dept and sites will be next to show, sites are at the end of the departments. Click the dept you want to enter the talk group in. There you will see what channels you have in that dept.. Click the large green plus sign, and at the bottom of the list you will see Channel 0000. Enter the info into the columns and hit file and save. Close the editing window and upload to the radio. (note) With the editing window you can highlite any channel and you can put that channel up or down the list with the green arrows or you can sort the whole list with the A/Z button. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.