How to monitor only certain talkgroups pro-163

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cense

Premium Subscriber
Hey all,

Hope your holidays are going great. I've been able to successfully program my pro-163 scanner to all the frequencies in my county (Warren Ohio). Great. But now I want to narrow it down to only certain talk groups such as the Springboro Police.

Dec Hex Mode Alpha Tag Description Tag
272 011 A SPR LOCAL 1 Springboro Police Local Law Dispatch
304 013 A SPR LOCAL 2 Springboro Police Local Law Talk

I read the manual and have done research, but this still is over my head a little. I've added the Dec to the trunking ID bank I though. And when I scan I make sure the bank is closed, but I still hear everything happening in Warren County as if I had now talkgroups programmed.

Thank you!
--Eric

Note:
Warren County Trunking System, Lebanon, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies
"All public safety agencies in Warren County use the Warren County 800 MHz Motorola Type II Trunked Radio System"

SCPD

QRT
Well, sounds like a stumper for sure. First off, are you sure the bank you are listening too is set to closed mode? Underneath the bank number you should see + (plus sign) for an open bank and a - (minus sign for closed bank). Next, do you have all the talk groups programmed in? If so you are going to need to limit those you do not wish to hear by removing them or locking them out.

I have no experience with the Motorola Type II Smartnet systems, so beyond what I've mentioned, I can't help any further than that.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
If you have entered the talkgroups then while the scanner is in the scan mode for only the bank where the information is entered, press and release the "FUNC" key then press and release the "1" key. If the bottom line of the display says "BANK CLOSED" you will only hear the talkgroups previously entered.

N8IAA

To toggle the OPEN and CLOSED mode on the 163, press "FUNC", then the "DELAY/." key while in the scanning in the bank that you wish to switch to closed mode. This means you must close all the other banks you are scanning to do this.
HTH,
Larry

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
If you have entered the talkgroups then while the scanner is in the scan mode for only the bank where the information is entered, press and release the "FUNC" key then press and release the "1" key. If the bottom line of the display says "BANK CLOSED" you will only hear the talkgroups previously entered.

OOPS, That is what I get for answering the question while too sleepy. "FUNC" "DELAY" is correct, I was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.