How to name unit id?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuthinFancy

Premium Subscriber
I didn't even know you could edit the unit ID and put a name to it. nice new surprise trick on my BCD325P2 I assume it will work on the BCD996P2 as well. all this time going through the menu and I never noticed. I knew it worked on the BCD436/536HP and the SDS200 but didn't think the 325P2,996P2 had that feature.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Let me know if it actually works.

It didn't work for me.

In previous scanner versions, you have to put an i (small eye) in front of the unit ID to name it. (Ex: i12345-Eng. 1) x36hp/SDS series scanners, you just have to put in the actual unit ID and name it.

NuthinFancy

Premium Subscriber
Doc, it does work but you have to remember the uid number to punch it in then you can rename it .the only ones that I renamed are the three digit dispatcher uids. I cant figure out how to save the uids without remembering them off the top of my head to put the numbers in. Theres got to be a better way! I wonder if you can do it in Freescan?

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Doc, it does work but you have to remember the uid number to punch it in then you can rename it .the only ones that I renamed are the three digit dispatcher uids. I cant figure out how to save the uids without remembering them off the top of my head to put the numbers in. Theres got to be a better way! I wonder if you can do it in Freescan?

Have a note pad ready to write down those you would like to save, then open up the program and add them in.

NuthinFancy

Premium Subscriber
I press hold while its on the uid that you want to store then press (.No ) enter the number, then hit (Yes ) then in the menu go to rename and edit your saved uid. the list is in quick saved group for the system you are using.

If I get to EDIT CHANNEL, it only offers the channels I already have programmed in the scanner... Not any units.

Has anyone actually tried this?

Reactions: wtp
Thanks for working with me.

I'll keep trying a little later. If I get it to work, I'll let you know where I went wrong.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
On an existing channel if you go to Edit TGID then press .No, the TGID will wipe out then you have to hit .No again then the UID.
On a new channel, pressing .No then the UID should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.