how to pro-197

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamikaze1

Premium Subscriber
okay how do i setup lets say in ex: all the pal800 sites and all TGID to scan list 12345 and make the scanner scan 12345 and have the all tgid work with those lists

because form what im seeing as i can only put one scan list in ex; scan list 1 gwd grnvl stprt etc and set the tgids to that

i just want to have all pal800 systems thru 1-5 and have all the tgids work for them is this possible or do
can any tell me how to do this with arc500 manuals are useless

Highpockets

okay how do i setup lets say in ex: all the pal800 sites and all TGID to scan list 12345 and make the scanner scan 12345 and have the all tgid work with those lists

because form what im seeing as i can only put one scan list in ex; scan list 1 gwd grnvl stprt etc and set the tgids to that

i just want to have all pal800 systems thru 1-5 and have all the tgids work for them is this possible or do
can any tell me how to do this with arc500 manuals are useless

Let's start from the beginning:

Say there are 6 sites in that system with 18 (red & blue) frequencies. They can be put into one TSYS set it up as P25 Auto. Make sure you have MultiSite set to roam. Import or enter the TG's you want for that TSYS and assign a scan list or scan lists for the TG's. (the TG's can be broken down to as many lists you need - Like scan list 1 Police - Scan list 2 Fire - Scan list 3 EMS, etc. or put them all in scan list 1) Make sure you enable (and name it) that scan list or all the lists in the software before you upload to your scanner.

One TSYS can have more then one scan list. They have to be named and enabled before uploading.

Every thing you want in your scanner has to be uploaded to your scanner in one upload, when you upload to your scanner it over-writes what is in your scanner.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Any talkgroup can be in as many scan lists as you want. Any scan list can have as many objects as you want, up to the limits of what the scanner holds. (An object is a talkgroup, a frequency, or system. The scanner will scan any system you have in any enabled scan lists.)

Have you read the "easier" manual for these scanners?

kamikaze1

Premium Subscriber
yes i read the manual but not all of it :)

im using the RR import function on arc500

should i manualy add them?

Highpockets

When you import:

Check the sites that you want, and then check the TG's you want, assign them to scan list 1, enable scan list one, and upload to your scanner, the setting should be set for you when you import, then upload that to your scanner.

Check the site/sites that are close to your home that you know you will hear and the TG's that you want to listen to.

Highpockets

Maybe someone that uses ARC500 can make you an example file, or if you Zip up your file and attach it to a message someone will look at it for you!

My ARC500 is expired and to be honest I not crazy about that software.

I'm sure someone with ARC will help you.

In my first message trying to help you I was looking at the wrong system, but when you import the software should import the settings you will need for that system.

kamikaze1

Premium Subscriber
arc500 bug or site bug??

okay i have had a lot of issues today learning about my pro-197 but.. this seems to be the main one

today i imported palmetto800 system and seen that on the webpage theres more freqs
then what was imported

and i did this with palmetto project25 and imported it and seen that the site has more freq. to

whats going on here gotta be some reason

seems it was waste of money for subscription if i gotta manually add these

anyone have any insight on this

rwier

Some combinations of radio and software (not necessarily your combination) will not import encrypted frequencies/channels/TGIDs, as you can't hear them anyway.

kamikaze1

Premium Subscriber
well im saying

that i can fit 5 scanlist banks from import function

then when i copy past freq in i get 15 scanlist banks

so you saying the one not imported are encrypted makes sense

krokus

Premium Subscriber
kamikaze1;1716602today i imported palmetto800 system and seen that on the webpage theres more freqs then what was imported and i did this with palmetto project25 and imported it and seen that the site has more freq. to whats going on here gotta be some reason [/QUOTE said:
I'm not clear as to what is happening. When you select the system, are there more or less frequencies being imported than you are seeing on the list?

If less, then that is probably due to "control channel only" trunking. (Which means the control channel passes the frequency to tune to, to listen to the traffic. Therefore, you do not need to have all the repeater outputs loaded in, like earlier trunking scanners.)

If more, then I would have to see what you are talking about, to try and give a semi-intelligent answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.