• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

How to program a Vertex VX-354

Status
Not open for further replies.

indians9286

Hello,
I just bought a VX-354 two way radio. I have been looking online for quite some time and i cant seem to find programming software and cables. All i want to do is program in a couple more frequencies and put the scan feature on one of the "programmable" buttons. Does anyone know if I can download software from the internet or do i have to order it online?

mlong

Premium Subscriber
Software can be downloaded for free on 3b Welcome Page website. Register with them and they will give you a username and password, then you can get the software. Software is CE115. As for cables the ones for the vx350 works and I picked one up from Ebay for $15.00 for my vx454.

kngovrok

vx354

ce115 is the wrong software do not use it... it is CE85 vor vx354 useing the wrong software will mess up your radio

kd5ppb

ce115 is the wrong software do not use it... it is CE85 vor vx354 useing the wrong software will mess up your radio

I just checked Vertex Standard Online (VSOL) and they offer 2 different software programs for the 350 series, both are labeled as CE86 - just one is for international use (allows wideband) and the other doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.