How To Program BCD996P2 for Project 25 phase 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Most likely, it is a simulcast problem. If you see NFM, the control channel is not being detected. Harris simulcast systems are especially difficult to receive. The only scanners designed to work with simulcast systems are the Uniden SDS100 and SDS200. You can try turning on the attenuator. You can also try moving the scanner around the room and reorienting and adjusting the length of the antenna. You can also try a yagi (directional) antenna. If you are able to receive a much stronger signal from a single tower in the site, you can improve control channel decoding.

Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
The problem is that you have a number of towers in the site all transmitting the same control channel on the same frequency at the same time. The signals arrive at your scanner at slightly different times which prevents the scanner from being able to properly decode the control channel. Turning on the attenuator can sometimes reduce the number of towers you receive and improve the control channel decoding. If you are able to use a directional antenna and aim it at the nearest tower, you can reduce the interference from the other towers. It is all location, location, location! Depending where you are in relation to the towers will determine if the scanner will work or not.

Chadrambach

Hey would buying the pro-voice, NXDN and the third software which I forgot the name of fix this simulcast issue I’m having or don’t waste my money on these upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.