How To Program BCD996P2 for Project 25 phase 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chadrambach

I cant figure out what i'm doing wrong programming my Scanner. I would like to program frequencies for Genesee County NY and it is a newer system Project 25 phase 2. Im not sure which frequencies I should be putting in off of radioreference. any help would greatly be appreciated.

Im not sure which frequencies I should be putting in off of radioreference.
You should at least put in the Control Channels but it can't hurt to put them all in as there are many listed.

You can use a program like FreeScan to help you set it up.

Here's a link:

You can set the system up in "ID Search" at first to see what Talk Groups you receive.

Then switch to "ID Scan" to just monitor the groups you program in.

Let us know how you make out.

Last edited:

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
I cant figure out what i'm doing wrong programming my Scanner. I would like to program frequencies for Genesee County NY and it is a newer system Project 25 phase 2. Im not sure which frequencies I should be putting in off of radioreference. any help would greatly be appreciated.
Are you trying to program by hand on the scanner, or via software?

If by hand I'm not going to be able to help you, and I would *strongly* recommend you use software instead. For a BCD996P2 you have three options:

Freescan -- free, but you get what you paid for. No longer supported by author, and won't let you program DMR or NDXN if you want to listen to systems using those digital formats. Downloads - Sixspot Software

ARC XT ($39.95 Basic or $69.95 Pro) -- I have a couple of the Butel programs (but not this one) and they work well. Unfortunately there are separate programs for each family of scanners so the cost adds up quickly if you need more than one. Software for Uniden Whistler HOME PATROL HP1 HP-1 PRO-700 BCD436HP BCD536HP Radioshack GRE GRECOM MFJ DSE AOR police scanner software BCD996XT BCD396XT BC346T BCT15X PRO-404 PRO-405 PRO-97 PRO-96 PRO-2096 PRO-106 PRO-197 PRO-164 PRO-160 PRO-162 psr500 psr600 psr300 psr400 psr100 psr200 BCD996T BCT15 BC246T UBC800XLT UBC785XLT PRO-433 PRO-528 BCD396T PSR-500 PSR-600 PSR500 PSR600 PSR300 PSR400 PRO160 PRO106 PRO162 PRO164 PRO-197 PRO-2055

Proscan -- HIGHLY recommended. For $50 you are able to install on two PCs and the program supports a variety of current and older Uniden scanners. You can run multiple instances on one PC and virtually control several scanners simultaneously. ProScan

Oh, and ARC XT and Proscan both have 30 day trials so you can try them out and then buy the one you prefer.

Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
I cant figure out what i'm doing wrong programming my Scanner.
Let me know which programming software you get. I have a file for Genesee Co which you can use to program your scanner and get you in business. You'll be able to look at the entries and figure out how to do it yourself.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Here is the file. Same the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with FreeSCAN and Upload Programming. Highlight Erase All Systems & Settings and click on Start Upload.

Attachments

• Genesee Co NY.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 15

Chadrambach

Just put in the file you sent me for Genesee County, you were a huge help. Thank you so so much

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Now that you have the file from tvengr (y)look at how it's all laid out in the software so you can start to better understand how it all works.

Chadrambach

Here is the file. Same the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with FreeSCAN and Upload Programming. Highlight Erase All Systems & Settings and click on Start Upload.
My Pleasure!
one quick question I noticed that for Genesee County the fire dispatch says it’s on a frequency of 154.8750 do I need this frequency or am I good with what you gave me

tvengr

Well Known Member
If you hear fire dispatch on TGID 10029 on the trunked system, the analog conventional frequency isn't needed. Sometimes, the analog frequencies are kept for pagers.

Chadrambach

If you hear fire dispatch on TGID 10029 on the trunked system, the analog conventional frequency isn't needed. Sometimes, the analog frequencies are kept for pagers.
I programmed in that channel anyways, now I'm looking for the fire Tone Outs for Genesee County Particularly Stafford Fire Department

Chadrambach

I don't see any list for Genesee Co fire tone outs. I suggest that you start a thread on the New York forum asking that question. Someone there may know.
Hey I haven’t heard anything on the scanner for Genesee County in 1 1/2 days not sure if I programmed it right

Status
Not open for further replies.