How to program Bell FleetNet Zone 2 for BCD325P2

Tim_Mcgee

I have a BCD325P2 and I have been trying to program Bell FleetNet Zone 2.

I can’t hear anything after I program it. I have Googled instructions for other scanners as maybe it works the same for the system but I don’t see an option for VHF. Am I supposed to program all sites at once in one or create multiple sites?

I would really appreciate if I can have easy instructions for Zone 2. I would like to hear Ottawa MOH EMS and OPP. I know when I program other sites, I put them all in one group, but when I put one site in and then I do it again instead in the same spot as the first site. I am not hearing anything. I think I might have did something wrong

I have entered in all of the freq. but I haven’t heard anything yet. Not sure if I did something wrong I did it all by hands also I not sure if someone could help me with setting up Bell FleetNet Zone 2.

I am going to try tonight to do FleetNet. Do I do one site at a time ?

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
Hey Tim, it's not fully straight forward to do it as FleetNet requires you to build a trunked system, enter a specific band plan, and then the talkgroups as well - bit more than just entering frequencies.

I'd suggest only programming sites that are closest to you and likely reachable, to start.

If you have the ability to pay for even the cheapest RadioReference Premium Subscription, you can use something like Freescan that will help import from the database and pull in the band plan for you. It helps a lot to get you on your feet and scanning, as you learn how to do it yourself after. I'll try and fire up my Windows computer tonight though and post a few screenshots of what it looks like if I can though.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
The system type should be set to 'MOT Type II /P25', The system type in the scanner is called 'MOT'
The key to entering in the Band Plans is set the site type to 'MOT Custom/Reband Type II' The scanner calls the site type 'Custom'
Click on the newly created site and you will see an area to enter in the band plans.
There's something like 30 sites so I would just program the ones closest to you.

{edit}
I know when I program other sites, I put them all in one group, but when I put one site in and then I do it again instead in the same spot as the first site.
Sites contains the trunking frequencies and the groups contains the TGID's so they are not the same. You may have already known that and just a misspoke so not a problem.

Don't mix up trunking frequencies or put them in other sites.

Last edited:

Tim_Mcgee

Hey Tim, it's not fully straight forward to do it as FleetNet requires you to build a trunked system, enter a specific band plan, and then the talkgroups as well - bit more than just entering frequencies.

I'd suggest only programming sites that are closest to you and likely reachable, to start.

If you have the ability to pay for even the cheapest RadioReference Premium Subscription, you can use something like Freescan that will help import from the database and pull in the band plan for you. It helps a lot to get you on your feet and scanning, as you learn how to do it yourself after. I'll try and fire up my Windows computer tonight though and post a few screenshots of what it looks like if I can though.

Unfortunately I can not pay for the system my only option is to do it by hand ! And I really been trying hard and I don’t really know the band plan and how to set it up to get the frequencies if you can give me the details on how to do it I would really appreciate it I been really depressed as I don’t know how to do it and really would like to listen to it so if you can do that would be great! Then I once you give me the band plan details I can input freq and sites near me I’m in Kanata lakes

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

Tim_Mcgee

Press "151.730E" to enter the base frequency for Band Plan 2. Scroll to the 15.0 kHz entry and press "E" to enter the channel spacing for Band Plan 2.
Press "579E" to enter the Offset of 579 for Band Plan 2.
Sooo just so I am right, this is what I need to do for FleetNet Zone 2 is band plan 2 IE zone 2 ? And I don’t see an option for XXXM symbol and selecting and I don’t see VHF either.

Can you please past a pic of the Band plans like you did for the sites :)

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Can you please past a pic of the Band plans like you did for the sites :)
Can you pick just a few sites and I will do it.

Press "151.730E" to enter the base frequency for Band Plan 2. Scroll to the 15.0 kHz entry and press "E" to enter the channel spacing for Band Plan 2. Press "579E" to enter the Offset of 579 for Band Plan 2. Sooo just so I am right this is what I need to do for fleetnet zone to is band plan 2 IE zone 2 ? And I don’t see an option for XXXM symbol and selecting and I don’t see VHF eaither ?
The document is older and I see it applies to the BCD396T and all other DMA scanners.
That's a incorrect statement in the doc. The BCD396T is a different bread and all the scanners before the XT, P2, etc uses different system and site type names.

Are you using the scanner or Freescan to program it?

{edit}
if programming via the scanner from panel:
Choose "MOT' for the system type
Choose "Custom' for the site type

if programming via Freescan:
Choose 'MOT Type II /P25 for the system type.
Choose "MOT Custom/Reband Type II' for the site type

Tim_Mcgee

I don't see the band plans either when clicking a site but they imported and Freescan can import them too.

Maybe someone can advise on how to get to the band plans on this webpage.

View attachment 141096
Thank you ! So just to confirm do I put in sites First ?

The document is older and I see it applies to the BCD396T and all other DMA scanners.
That's a incorrect statement in the doc. The BCD396T is a different bread and all the scanners before the XT, P2, etc uses different system and site type names.

Are you using the scanner or Freeware to program it?
No I am using BCD325P2 and I have been trying really hard to program it for this particular model. I don’t know how, so I saw another post trying to program MOH OTTAWA and OPP for Zone 2

It’s been long day. the scanner I am using is the BCD325P2 and I am unable to use the software to program so my only option is by hand

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
And I am using the scanner to program it yes
It's going to take longer then Freescan but that's up to you.

Can you pick a few sites in the Sites & Frequencies section in the link below. Click on the site name to get the tower location.

Sorry about that it’s been long day the scanner I am using is the BCD325P2 and I am unable to use the software to program so my only option is by hand
I think your best option is trying to get Freescan communicating with the scanner. It will save you a lot of time in the long run.

Tim_Mcgee

It's going to take longer then Freescan but that's up to you.

Can you pick a few sites in the Sites & Frequencies section in the link below. Click on the site name to get the tower location.

Also with that document the do you want me to let you know the location of the towers ?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
If you want to program the BCD325P2, I can give you the steps.
do you want me to let you know the location? Of the towers ?
No. just to make it easy for me, choose 2 or 3 sites.

Maybe use this as reference. Use Paint to draw circles around the sites interested.
{edit} Each ring or range is 30 Miles.

Untitled.png

Last edited:

Tim_Mcgee

First site is OTTAWA CARLSL other site is KINBURN OTTAWA CARLSL is 141.405 141.690 141.870 142.095 142.155 142.245 142.335 142.680 142.830 142.890
KINBURN 141.375 141.525 141.735 142.005 142.215 142.425 142.955

These are the 2 sites I have picked out

Anything more you can do to make this easier. I’m not good with maps.
I more use to reading words then pictures

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
First site is OTTAWA CARLSL other site is KINBURN OTTAWA CARLSL is 141.405 141.690 141.870 142.095 142.155 142.245 142.335 142.680 142.830 142.890
KINBURN 141.375 141.525 141.735 142.005 142.215 142.425 142.955
Post # 6 has the band plan for Ottawa (CARLSL). Kinburn (MARTHN) is the same as Ottawa (CARLSL)

All 30 or so sites have identical band plans so just use the one in post #6 for any site you want to program.

Are you saying the Band plans are in the sites ? I can’t seem to see band plans there
I'm sure they are there. Just hidden. They imported just fine so maybe someone can chime in and advise how to view then on the webpage.

Tim_Mcgee

I'm sure they are there. Just hidden. They imported just fine so maybe someone can chime in and advise how to view then on the webpage.
I would like that and if it helps. I’m a free user, I don’t pay for this site so anything would be great! If I don’t hear I will check back again

I think I would have to go to one of the other users comments and ask them if I don’t hear but I will keep you posted.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I would like that and if it help I’m a free user I don’t pay for this site so anything would be great ! If I don’t hear I wllll check back again

It may be better to read this, now that I think about it.
Easier to Read BCD325P2 Digital Scanner Manual

See the section: Programming 'Systems'

Remember
Programming via the scanner from panel:
Choose "MOT' for the system type
Choose "Custom' for the site type

Tim_Mcgee

Edit Fleetmap (Motorola Type I/lli systems only)allows you to select a preprogrammed fleetmap or program a fleetmap for Motorola Type I systems. You must program a system fleet map in order for the scanner to properly track and display talk group ID's. Ifyou don’t know which fleet map to use, you can try a method I found at Radio Reference.com. Since it is rather lengthy, I will just give you the link. Determining Type I Motorola Fleet Maps by Dave Goodson.
Scroll to 'Edit Fleetmap' and press E/yes.
To select a Preset Fleetmap, scroll to 'Preset' and press E/yes.
Scroll to the number of the preset fleetmap and press E/yes to save and exit. See Preset Fleetmaps.
To program a Custom Fleetmap, scroll to 'Custom' and press E/yes.
At 'Block 0' scroll to the size code (0-14) and press E/yes. See Size Codes.
The scanner will prompt you to the next availableblock so you can scroll to and enter the next size code (0-14) then press E/yes.
Repeat for each block as needed (0-7) and you will return to the 'Edit Sys Option' menu.
Note: If you select size code 12, 13, or 14, these restrictions apply:
12 can only be assigned to Blocks 0, 2, 4 or 6.
13 can only be assigned to Blocks 0 and 4.
14 can only be assigned to Block 0.
Since these size codes require multiple blocks, you will be prompted for the next available block. For example, if you assign Block 0 as 12, the scanner prompts you for block 2, the next block available, instead of block 1. If you assign Block 0 as 14, you would not see another prompt because 14 uses all available blocks.
Set Status Bit (Motorola only) sets how your scanner works with status bits (also called S-bits), letting you control how the scanner interprets and displays Motorola talk group IDs. The default setting is ignore.
Scroll to 'Set Status Bit' and press E/yes.
Scroll to one of two settings and press E/yes to save and exit.
Yes- the scanner treats all received ID's as unique ID's.
Ignore- the scanner rounds all received ID's down to the next interval of 16.

Set End Code (Motorola only) sets how the scanner handles the transmission end code sent by most Motorola systems.
Scroll to 'Set End Code' and press E/yes.
Scroll to one of three settings and press E/yes.
Analog- The scanner recognizes only analog end transmission codes.
Analog+Digital- The scanner recognizes both analog and digital end codes.
Ignore- The scanner waits for the carrier to drop before leaving a channel.

Emergency Alert (Motorola/EDACS only) sets how your scanner handles IDs that have the emergency flag set. The default setting is off.
Scroll to 'Emergency Alert' and press E/yes.
Scroll to 'Set Alert Tone' and press E/yes.
At 'Set Tone' scroll to the alert (Alert 1-9 or Off) and press E/yes.
At 'Set Level' scroll to 'Level 1-15 or Auto' (the scanner sets the alert beep to the master volume level) and press E/yes.
Scroll to 'Set Alert Light' and press E/yes.
Scroll to Off, On, Slow Blink, or Fast Blink and press E/yes.
Press Menu to return.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Fleet maps are different then band plans.

After you create a MOT system, go to Edit Site then new site. Change the site parameters such as site name, etc. Scroll down and you should see 'Edit Band Plan'.

Tim_Mcgee

Fleet maps are totally different then band plans.

After you create a MOT system, go to Edit Site then new site. Change the site parameters such as site name, etc. Sc roll down and you should see 'Edit Band Plan'.
So does any of what I copied help me know what to do ?

Fleet maps are different then band plans.

After you create a MOT system, go to Edit Site then new site. Change the site parameters such as site name, etc. Scroll down and you should see 'Edit Band Plan'.
Ok great so what should I put in the hand plan and just so I am right I put In the site First ? Then band plans. ?

The Easy To Read has the Band plans numbers as well ?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
The Easy to read has the Band plans numbers as well ?
Ignore as that's for a Moto 800 MHz rebanded system.
Choose Custom then enter in the lower, upper, spacing, and offset.

Band Plan1:
141.0150, 143.9850, 15.0, 380

Band Plan2:
151.7300, 152.5100, 15.0, 579

Band Plan3:
154.3200, 156.2250, 15.0, 632

Last edited: