BCD436HP/BCD536HP: how to program channels with Sentinel software

Status
Not open for further replies.

no8rf

Premium Subscriber
Ok I'm trying to use the Sentinel software to program freqs into my scanner, I'm using the radio reference data base and have the system named California Highway Patrol, I have two department, one is CHP 800Mhz with all the repeater sites and it scans fine, I have another department that is titled CHP low Band and it lists the freq for each channel but when uploaded to the scanner it does not find the low band department at all, I have tagged each channel thinking that would fix the problem but it doesn’t, what am I doing wrong? Attacked is that file, hope someone can help.

Attachments

• f_000002.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 91

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Ok I'm trying to use the Sentinel software to program freqs into my scanner, I'm using the radio reference data base and have the system named California Highway Patrol, I have two department, one is CHP 800Mhz with all the repeater sites and it scans fine, I have another department that is titled CHP low Band and it lists the freq for each channel but when uploaded to the scanner it does not find the low band department at all, I have tagged each channel thinking that would fix the problem but it doesn’t, what am I doing wrong? Attacked is that file, hope someone can help.

See this checklist:

http://forums.radioreference.com/un...4-x36-nothing-scan-checklist.html#post2121181

phask

Premium Subscriber

Actually - you attached HPD - the common export format is and HPE -

File - export - hpe.

It IS possible to read one - but, for me, not worth the effort :)

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The blessings of ARC 536. . . It allows the opening of HPD files in a viewable format.

What you have in the hierarchy of things is a Favorites List. That Favorites List contains two Systems. Each of the Systems contains a Department.

Focusing on that second system in the Favorites List, which is the one of concern. You have a California Highway Patrol (Low Band) System (with a System QK of 2). In that System you have the CHP Border Div (Low Band) Department (with a Department QK of 1).

The things coming to mind are these:

Perhaps the Quick Keys (FL, System and Department) are not turned on. So if that Favorites List has a FLQK of x, then you need to confirm that x.2.1 is on.

If you have Location Control On, you might be out of range. Setting Location Control Off would disregard any range settings which would be helpful for diagnostic purposes.

Number tagging of channels won't determine whether a channel is scanned. Rather it is a means to rapidly tune your scanner to a desired channel. So if you want to tune the scanner to the El Cajon Base channel GOLD 1, here are the steps (again x is the FLQK):

Channel
x.2.1
Channel

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Well, we might then be in the situation of looking for something other than horses when hoofbeats are heard.

The next things coming to mind are:

1. You may want to confirm that the files you sent to the scanner got there. Menu>Manage Favorites> (Select the Favortes List)>Review/Edit System.
2. Perhaps no one is transmitting at the right time for your scanner to receive it.
3. Perhaps some frequencies or PL tones have been changed and haven't made their way to the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.