How to Program Mammoth Mtn. Ski Area System

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber
As many of you know I'm having some real cognitive issues in the last 5 years or so. I want to be able to hear the Mammoth Mountain Ski Area new trunked system and I need some help programming my BCD325P2 with this system. I use ProScan software for programming. I can use someone willing to give me step by step instructions on how to get this system working in my scanner. The very first question I have is ProScan gives me a number of options in selecting the system type. The closest I can find to the system description is "DMR One Frequency Trunk." This is the only choice with the words DMR in it. I really need a step by step set of instructions that is understandable for a dummy's. I've programmed P2 systems, but that has been 3 years or so. I've never programmed DMR and all the other newer type systems.

Once I get this thing up and running I can do a talkgroup search that will benefit others and bring the database up to date. I listened to the old system for 35 years and know how this ski area is organized so I can probably figure out channels by who I hear talking better than someone who is just up here for a weekend of skiing or recreation. I just can't figure out how to program the darn system. I would appreciate any help someone can give me.

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber
By the way, I find the "Easier to Read" manuals not so easy to read. I pointed out two errors in the text of the above referenced manual that were in error. I don't remember if the author corrected them on the online version.

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber
It should be "MotoTRBO Trunk", not "One-Freq Trunk"

Thanks for your help. It got me over the hump as I started to receive talkgroups this morning. I have it running on ProScan's data recorder. I'm getting talkgroups shown in the RRDB and those not shown yet. I'm now going to try to match up the traffic I hear with Mammoth Mountain's various functions.

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber
Cool, keep an eye out for any missing frequencies as well.

The only frequencies my data recorder is listing are the control frequencies, not the other 5-6 frequencies of the sites. The radio traffic is very light at this point in September. When simultaneous conversations occur in busier times will additional frequencies be logged? I'm not familiar with DMR systems at all. This is my first time programming and monitoring one.