how to program motorola 800mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithsrinoz

good day,

i need help.... i am trying to program my uniden 396xt scanner for motorola 800mhz channels i live in newcastle and visit sydney every week and i am requiring to listen in to the Qantas airlines, and other channels on the motorola network.
i dont know how to program the unit to listen to the talk groups can someone help......

Cheers

rustynswrail

good day,
i need help.... i am trying to program my uniden 396xt scanner for motorola 800mhz channels i live in newcastle and visit sydney every week and i am requiring to listen in to the Qantas airlines, and other channels on the motorola network.
i dont know how to program the unit to listen to the talk groups can someone help......
Cheers

Because your scanner is a 396XT, (US version) it cannot be programmed fully to scan the QANTAS system.

The US versions have the frequencies above 869 MHz blocked because of their ECPA legislation. The Australian 800 MHz trunking band extends to 870 MHz.

The two QANTAS 869 MHz channels are usually the control channels, (the system cycles controls), therefore the scanner will not trunk track because it cannot receive the control data.

As far as programming the 396Xt for what it can do, either obtain the software or read the user guide. While that may seem a bit abrupt, only when you have an understanding of how to program the unit, can you full appreciate how it works and how to maximise its features. That's my opinion...

R

smithsrinoz

sorry R

but i made a mistake my unit is a UBCD 396T Australian version does this made a difference to your reply?

Cheers Steve

Programming

good day,

Cheers

Hi, If you still want help with programming motorola 800mhz please refer to to my website page for step by step instructions.

Hunter Valley Scanning - Programming

Hope it Helps!!!

HVS

smithsrinoz

thanks loads

cheers mate that helped loads, i have joined your site, loads of info there to be had.....

VK3YMML

Premium Subscriber
I tried the link suggested but it's no longer there, is there any other guide for the 396T and programming 800Mhz MOT??

rustynswrail

I tried the link suggested but it's no longer there, is there any other guide for the 396T and programming 800Mhz MOT??

Also most of the 800 MHz Motorola trunking systems around Australia have been switched off. The majority of users have migrated to Zeon (TETRA) or DMR. Zeon cannot be scanned using any scanner and DMR cannot be scanned using a 396T.

R

Status
Not open for further replies.