ProScan: How to Program Provoice Systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlapJack_1962

The RR web site shows that my city uses Provoice.

So today I purchased and applied the Provoice key for my BCD996P2 scanner. Been using Freescan to successfully program the scanner, but read that it will not yet program Provoice systems. So, I downloaded and installed the Proscan software which is supposed to be Provoice compatible.

Question: Using the RR database and Proscan, how do I locate the Provoice frequencies to program into the scanner? I don't see anything specific in Proscan that indicates any certain sites/groups are Provoice.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
Jack

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
To start, it would be most helpful to know the precise system you are trying to program

Generally speaking, ProScan, like other apps, will pull the frequencies and talkgroups from our database. However what other parameters must be set to enable ProVoice I have no idea.

Mike

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
The RR web site shows that my city uses Provoice.

So today I purchased and applied the Provoice key for my BCD996P2 scanner. Been using Freescan to successfully program the scanner, but read that it will not yet program Provoice systems. So, I downloaded and installed the Proscan software which is supposed to be Provoice compatible.

Question: Using the RR database and Proscan, how do I locate the Provoice frequencies to program into the scanner? I don't see anything specific in Proscan that indicates any certain sites/groups are Provoice.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
Jack

ProVoice is programmed like an EDACS system. Continue with Freescan or my ProScan and you'll be fine.

Last edited:

garys

Premium Subscriber
Pro Voice is a type of digital modulation. Is you enter the trunk system parameters correctly, the scanner will process the signals with no additional programming needed. There are no specific "Pro Voice" frequencies. As ProScan says, just program it as an EDACS system.

Status
Not open for further replies.