How to program SAFE T in a Pro 96

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbluemsp

I want to add the I-69/I-465/I-65 corridoor to my Pro-96 as I make a lot of trips to Louisville for employment testing and to visit family and friends.

I am using Win96 but how do I configure the setup in order to receive the SAFE-T syste?

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
You will need to subscribe to RR to use Web Import

I recently built this file for a person in Elkhart County. This file includes the 16 upper towers going across the state from Angola to Lake County.

Find the tiowers in the RR database for your route and use Web Import, save the file and edit so 1300.0000 FM freq is between each set of tower controls. You can also import the TG's for the route.

Last edited:

crackofdawnpawn

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
He did that for me thanks frank
You taught me alot about that programming

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Hey Jon,

Wondered if that may be you.

Anyway to bigblue, use the excellent map listing the tower locations and start from your location and import the towers (CC's & Alt CC's) going south. The two blue towers (Grant and Blackford Counties) may yet be inactive, Of course, check the CC only box, then check the + on left of the Sites: 110, then check each box for the sites in your route. Watch the bottom left (selected channels) grow as you check sites. With the dummy freq (1300.0000 FM) you will need three freqs/site. Thus, 16 sites per bank will be max. When completed with the site selection, close the freq section by clicking on the - . Then open the talkgroups by clicking on the + left of talkgroups groups: 85. Select only those TG's for your route.

Import, save and edit the freq section to include the 1300.0000 FM between each tower controls. Save again.

dlbrock

fmon said:
Hey Jon,

Wondered if that may be you.

Anyway to bigblue, use the excellent map listing the tower locations and start from your location and import the towers (CC's & Alt CC's) going south. The two blue towers (Grant and Blackford Counties) may yet be inactive, Of course, check the CC only box, then check the + on left of the Sites: 110, then check each box for the sites in your route. Watch the bottom left (selected channels) grow as you check sites. With the dummy freq (1300.0000 FM) you will need three freqs/site. Thus, 16 sites per bank will be max. When completed with the site selection, close the freq section by clicking on the - . Then open the talkgroups by clicking on the + left of talkgroups groups: 85. Select only those TG's for your route.

Import, save and edit the freq section to include the 1300.0000 FM between each tower controls. Save again.

I have a 296D and I think you are stating that you have figured out how to setup more than one tower per bank? By separating them with a bogus 1300.0000 FM entry? Please provide more info.

Thanks in advance,

Doug

seamusg

dlbrock said:
I have a 296D and I think you are stating that you have figured out how to setup more than one tower per bank? By separating them with a bogus 1300.0000 FM entry? Please provide more info.

Thanks in advance,

Doug
The spacer channel only works on a GRE scanner ie. PRO96/2096 NOT a Uniden scanner ie BC296D.

dlbrock

seamusg said:
The spacer channel only works on a GRE scanner ie. PRO96/2096 NOT a Uniden scanner ie BC296D.

Oh Well, wishful thinking. I have been trying to figure out how to trick the 296 into doing it but haven't found a way yet.

Thanks for letting me know.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
dlbrock said:
Oh Well, wishful thinking. I have been trying to figure out how to trick the 296 into doing it but haven't found a way yet.

Thanks for letting me know.
Doug,

seamusg is correct regarding the GRE scanner. However, I can't take credit for figuring the trick out as I think Voyager and a few others worked the idea out back in 03 on the MPSCS System. None the less, it works well.

Though I can take credit for the following which works well for matching CC only Plans.

I have a 785D and found if you set the scanner up in CC only mode with the CC & Alts and separate each group with a single blank space (mostly for management). Then use lock/unlock for keeping the current system which you are driving through active. As you approach a new tower, lockout the tower you are departing.

Of course, you need to set the towers up in sequence with your route. On the return trip, unlock all and reverse the procedure.

With the 296, you can set up 33 towers, but will lose 50 TG's compared to the GRE scanner. I usually travel with the 785D in ID SEARCH if using this procedure.

I think CC Plan 2 should work for SAFE-T.

Status
Not open for further replies.