• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

How to program TK-880 2-tone silent monitoring?

LZJSR

I have a UHF TK-880 I want to use to stand by on our fire department's frequency, and only alert and turn the speaker on for monitoring once the proper 2-tone sequence for the battalion chief has been received. I can't figure out the settings in KPG-49D to get the radio to sit silently until the proper 2-tone sequence is received... does anyone know how to program it that way... do I need a microphone plugged in and grounded? And to add to it, there are three separate 2-tone sequences I would like to use, so I figured I would program channel 1 with one, channel 2 with another, and finally channel 3 with the third, then let it SCAN those three channels (all with same radio frequency but tone pair #1, 2, and 3) only.

Basically I want the radio to serve as a Motorola Minitor so I can export the audio via the Pushover app....

Thanks in advance....

DeoVindice

I don't use 2-tone signalling on my system, but I believe you'll need to do the following:
Enable AND signalling in the Optional Features 1 tab, then select one of your 2-tone calls in the Opt Signal field of channel settings. KPG-49D gives you three 2-tone calls to choose from, so you'll be able to program them all in via Edit -> 2-Tone. A microphone is not necessary for this; the TK-880 works just fine as a receiver with no microphone.

I'm not sure if the transceiver scan speed will let you do what you're after, but it's worth a shot. I don't have my radios set up to scan; we only use the frequencies licensed to my company and one for our client's repeater so a scan function isn't necessary.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
If your receive frequencies are the same for all three channels then scanning will definitely not work. If they are all different then you can try non-priority scan but will probably not be 100%.

LZJSR

So I verified the programming.... the next issue I have is that the frequency has a receive frequency with CSQ for tone, so the "AND" option doesn't help because there is not a pL tone to filter...
My next question is how to adjust the squelch level??? I am getting the constant white noise as if the squelch was set to 0...

Thanks in advance.