PSR-800: How to program trunked sytems using EZ scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunnyman98

can anyone help me??? I posted in the new york forum but to no avail. I am looking to program the New York State Metro-25 trunked system. Its a P25 system and I can't figure out what else i need to input to hear the transmissions. I don't even hear anything with a wildcard placed in the talk groups idk what to do!!

bunnyman98

I'm not sure what to put for frequency tables, thats about it. But I'm also having trouble hearing a Motorola Type II Smartzone system without having a wildcard set up. If any more info is needed I'll be happy to add.

Swipesy

I'm not sure what to put for frequency tables, thats about it. But I'm also having trouble hearing a Motorola Type II Smartzone system without having a wildcard set up. If any more info is needed I'll be happy to add.

This is very basic to get you going. I would split Talkgroups into 4 Scanlists. Also Edit TG's in EZScan to add backlighting, LED light, edit Alpha, etc.

Attachments

• NY-1.jpg
    NY-1.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 262
  • NY-2.jpg
    NY-2.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 262
  • NY-3.jpg
    NY-3.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 257
  • NY-4.jpg
    NY-4.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 251

bunnyman98

Thanks i'll try this instead, my setup is kinda messy. But what about trunking tables? Thats what i meant instead of freq tables. Idk if i need to put custom or auto-fill or which?

Swipesy

You don't need or use tables with P-25 Systems. Just import as I did for you. The only thing you need to do is assign Talkgroups to ScanLists and turn on backlighting and LED if you want.

bunnyman98

You don't need or use tables with P-25 Systems. Just import as I did for you. The only thing you need to do is assign Talkgroups to ScanLists and turn on backlighting and LED if you want.

thank you very much for the pictures, I set them up in different scan lists. What i meant about the trunking tables was that in EZScan, for P25 it asks under trunking tables, "Standard", "Auto-fill", and "Custom".
as of now I used "Standard" and so far hear no transmission for the system on any scanlist. Sorry to bother you, i'd just like to know what im doing wrong so i can set this up by myself in the future.

Swipesy

You want to use Autofill. When you import directly from the RadioReference Database it sets the proper Site Options. If you do it manually EZScan does not set the proper option. Change yours to Autofill and see if that solves your issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.