• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

How to program VXR-7000 desktop repeater using CE27 software

Status
Not open for further replies.

gigaflex

Im trying to program my VXR-7000 desktop repeater using the CE27 programming software. When i plugin the programming cable, the VXR-7000 screen says CL ON and it starts beeping but the CE27 software keeps saying "Connect cable to Device". I havent programmed a repeater before so i am clueless. I tried findoing a video or forum instructions somewhere on the internet but came up empty handed.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Programming instructions should be in the repeater setup/installation manual.
Question
How are you going to tune the repeater?
After I programmed a repeater I always used a service monitor to fine tune the repeaters/
How are you going to tune the duplexers?
I always touched up the duplexers at the antenna site after instalation.

gigaflex

Programming instructions should be in the repeater setup/installation manual.
Question
How are you going to tune the repeater?
After I programmed a repeater I always used a service monitor to fine tune the repeaters/
How are you going to tune the duplexers?
I always touched up the duplexers at the antenna site after instalation.

Ok so the repeater is already tuned. Its set on a frequency that i use but i want to add another frequency to it. But when i connect it to the CE27 programming software the repeater says CL ON and beats but the software doesnt upload or download. Just says Connect the cable to the repeater.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
To me OLD SCHOOL RADIO TECH a repeaters are 1 CHANNEL devices repeaters and duplexers do not work like a radio and change frequencies with out a lot of work retune the duplexers each and every time you change channels. From the limited information given you do not understand radio systems and this is not going to work like you think.

radiotweester

It's been a while since I've played with one of these, but I've got the V 1.08 software in front of me.
You've got the right cable? DB-9 or USB (I've always used serial db-9).
Try [File] -> [Configure] and make sure the right Com port is dotted.
Try turning the repeater off, then hit [Radio] -> [Upload] and then immediately turn the repeater on (same as a mobile/portable programming).
*You can also do the /m to the shortcut target and password ansho-bango if you want to make additional adjustments.

It's been a while since I've played with one of these, but I've got the V 1.08 software in front of me.
You've got the right cable? DB-9 or USB (I've always used serial db-9).
Try [File] -> [Configure] and make sure the right Com port is dotted.
Try turning the repeater off, then hit [Radio] -> [Upload] and then immediately turn the repeater on (same as a mobile/portable programming).
*You can also do the /m to the shortcut target and password ansho-bango if you want to make additional adjustments.

Does the /m work on the Windows version or just the DOS version? And what does it do exactly? I've used -d for the Windows Version, but not m.

Thanks, and have a great evening. :)
Patrick

derek1ee

I'm getting a "chucksum error" on the CE software when trying to read from radio, anyone seeing the same issue? Thanks!

derek1ee

What version software are you using?
Are you using a factory programming cable?
What port settings are you using?

I tried both 1.00 and 1.02 the seller provided, running on Windows 10 (tried regular and compatible mode), cable is made by bluemax49ers. COM port is the default: 9600/8/stop bit 1/no parity no flow control.

Unfortunately I don't have access to software ver. 1.08 like mentioned above, maybe that's the issue?

derek1ee

I tried both 1.00 and 1.02 the seller provided, running on Windows 10 (tried regular and compatible mode), cable is made by bluemax49ers. COM port is the default: 9600/8/stop bit 1/no parity no flow control.

Unfortunately I don't have access to software ver. 1.08 like mentioned above, maybe that's the issue?

Got 1.08 but the problem still exist. The repeater would display CLN on the display, and cycle between CL and ON on the two digit display. When I try to read, it would display CLN and 88, with all other lights on, then, the software would display "checksum error".

wa1sth

Here we go again. I cannot tell you how many times I have tried to research an issue and found others have had the same issue BUT never reported back what the resolution was????? What is up with this?? I have seen this on many many other sites about varying issues. PLEASE start reporting back what the resolution to your issues is??? PLEASE

alexd51

I know this is a old thread and i usually don't like reviving old threads but this one was never solved and if was nobody cared to answer it in here after finding a solution.
So i have a VXR 7000. after a few hiccups i finally got it up and running.Bellow i will put some of my problems and how i resolved them.

First problem was getting the CE27 1.02 DOS to work.
Had to run virtual box to solve that and even VB had problems. The CE27 will only recognize COM1 and COM2 nothing else. There is a configuration file in the CE27 folder that you will have to modify to tell the program what port the repeater is in.
I will not go into detail with that because VER 1.02 should be avoided because unless you have an old computer it will give you problems no matter if you modify the configuration file, it is just a pain.
I got V1.02 to work and it read my radio, i did the changes in the codeplug and when i tried to send back to the radio the software had a problem sending the codeplug and it lost connection corrupting the codeplug and the radio was soft bricked with a CL Er error (CL Er = CLONE ERROR)

Second problem, now that the repeater had the CL Er error i could not access the repeater with V1.02 no mater what i did.
Found and installed V1.08WIN US. Well...
V1.08 solved or should i say cleared the error and i was able to upload the codeplug and repeater was back in business until i noticed that the repeater now was NORROWBAND.

Third problem now on narrowband there was nothing i could do not even with the -d option i could not get the repeater back on wideband.

Solved the narrowband issue finding CE27 V1.08WIN EXP and programing the repeater with that version. Save yourself the nightmare and look for the European version of CE27 because if not your repeater will only be narrowband. Yes the -d still works and will let you enter dealer mode.

Hope this helps some people that had this problem or any other with this repeater.

ALSO AND VERY IMPORTANT the software is a bit messed up with some commands specially the UPLOAD AND DOWNLOAD they are backwards.
DOWNLOAD = SEND CODEPLUG TO RADIO
UPLOAD = DOWNLOAD CODEPLUG FROM RADIO TO THE SOFTWARE.
Normally download is getting the codeplug to the computer but they made it backwards and if you don't know this you will end up not programing the repeater like i did and loosing all the information you just spent some time putting in the codeplug.SAVE SAVE SAVE the codeplug and make a copy in case you mess it up you have a virgin codeplug to send to the radio.

****I AM NOT AN EXPERT i am just sharing my problems that i went through with my repeater in hope on helping some other person. this is what you should be looking for CE27_SetUp_EXP_1_08.zip
MOTOROLA will not help you because this repeater is already out of life or whatever is the term they use. Software is available in the MOTO website IF YOU ARE A TECH but not for normal people just FYI And the software you get from any ebay vendor selling the cable with software it will be the US version.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Most of this type software is designed to run on an old TRUE DOS computer with DOS 6.0 max between 5 to 16 MHz.
Your modern day computer is running GHz today WAY TO FAST.
You need to find a 30 plus year old computer or a newer Repeater.

alexd51

True about the computer part. But at least for me the repeater and my other motorola radios have windows versions of there software. The vertex i have no problem programing on windows even on win 11 64. Now the motorola handheld i cannot program on my modern computer, i had to do that on a old windows 98 computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.