BCD325P2/BCD996P2: How to receive all NAC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
On the 996P2 and the mobile 996 family of scanners how do I program a conventional frequency such that it hears ANY NAC that it receives?

Is it 293 or F7E or just leave it blank?

Thanks.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
On moto radios 293 is the default and F7E is the receive all.
Not sure about the 996P2 though.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Just leave it set to SEARCH or blank (I don't have one out right now to confirm the terminology used...).

SCPD

QRT
If I recall scanners use search to basically leave it open for digital csq while a motorola is F7E recieve. 293 is just a default NAC used by default. Many utilize it but it does not guarantee any interop or agency will not change it.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
By hand, when you program the freqy in the menu scroll to "digital only" for the freqy in hand then press "E" gives you a selection for PL or NAC....Search or program in....

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
I'm programming the many, many, many, many GSP frequencies using FreeScan, naturally. I just left all the NAC entries blank in the hopes that it will not restrict it.

I notice they re-use a few frequencies between Posts so this allows me to simplify the programming. I'll hear whatever is near which is what I want.

It would be awfully nice if this were documented in FreeScan or Uniden instructions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.