How To Register : Site issue with my.uniden.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
It is expected for TLS to throw errors when browsing to an IP. TLS certificates are issued to names only. Mine alerts about an invalid name, but not expiration.

I did get some “invalid name” warnings, but I believe Firefox gave “expired”.

kudzu_kid

Emperor
Premium Subscriber
Last I had heard there was more than one server at my.uniden.com. Perhaps there's a load balancer issue or other internal issue, IDK, not my site. Perhaps depending on which server you go to, determines the results you get. Not being a Server admin for Uniden, I can't speculate further. If, as Forest said, they are in the middle of an upgrade , that could explain intermittent operation. They're aware and they're on it!

One more time with feeling, my issue is **NOT** related to connecting to the site! My issue is site behavior once I do connect. Uniden is aware of the issue. Uniden acknowledges the issue. It is not a user error. Not a client side issue. It is fortunately not impacting everyone, but is intermittent in nature. I'm just waiting for them to resolve it! ;):sleep:

Peace,

--Pete

kudzu_kid

Emperor
Premium Subscriber
Great news!

I tried my.uniden.com today and it worked! Didn't need to do anything special on my end at all. As previously mentioned, Uniden was on the issue and has apparently resolved it - at least for me. I was able to successfully buy and get the 2 keys I wanted. Yayyyyy!

I will say, I surely believe there's got to be a better way to enter those long hex codes. Good grief that was tedious! Very 1960's-70's-esque. Not what I would expect via a high $ scanner. Maybe allow entry via Sentinel or something?

Anyhow, I'm done! Yayyyyyyyyy. If you've been having problems on the site, try again. It was working for me this morning.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, tea & sympathy. And thanks Uniden for fixing your stuff! :ROFLMAO:

--Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.