How To Register : Site issue with my.uniden.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kudzu_kid

Emperor
Premium Subscriber
Howdy All,

I received my SDS200 yesterday evening. I tried to register the scanner at my.uniden.com. FAIL! My goal was to download the upgrades (DMR, NXDN, ProVoice). No matter what I type for a user name and/or email address (using different email addresses, or different user names) I get an error:

"This email address is already in the database. IF you have forgotten your password, please go to: Forgot Password?
OR, if you need to create a new user account, please go back and enter a different email address."
As far as I know, I've never registered on that site. Also, if I try to go the "Forgot password" route, I get a 500 Server error. I don't believe it's a browser issue or PC. I tried it on 3 different devices (PC, Tablet & Phone), 5 different browsers (Chrome, Edge, IE, Firefox - and Chrome {Android}). Even tried in incognito mode (which would mitigate any "cookie", cache, etc; issue). I've not received any email from the site saying it successfully registered or anything, so the session is ending with the error message. That site seems hosed to me. Perhaps I am going to an old / abandoned site and there's a newer or alternative one I'm not aware of. Can someone please edify me? How am I supposed to register & get the upgrades these days?

Thanks for any & all help!

Best Regards,

--Pete

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
A few other people seem to be having issues too...

kudzu_kid

Emperor
Premium Subscriber
A few other people seem to be having issues too...

Thanks for that, @RandyKuff ! Appreciate that, I'll try again in a day or two...

Regards,

--Pete

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
Don't waste your money on the "Provoice key"...
It's pretty much dead... Unless you find something in your area...
But I dought it...

kudzu_kid

Emperor
Premium Subscriber
Go to know that too! That's the one I had the most doubts on anyhow. May put that $$ towards a RR antenna from Smiley or someone.

pschneider

Premium Subscriber
Try going to www.uniden.com
select support
then choose to register a product and you should be able to get what you need.
I just got a SDS 200 today and found the same problem with the my.uniden.com website and this is how I registered my scanner and got the DMR and NXDN upgrade keys.
Be patient the website takes time to respond to the purchasing of the upgrades.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
select support
I just got a SDS 200 today and found the same problem with the my.uniden.com website and this is how I registered my scanner and got the DMR and NXDN upgrade keys.

Following those directions leads to the very same Uniden site being referred to in this thread and others. (my.uniden.com)

It is working for some, but not at all for others, perhaps intermittently.

Last edited:

kudzu_kid

Emperor
Premium Subscriber
select support

Similar to what @fxdscon stated, when I tried this last night, I ended up in the same place (my.uniden.com) with the same result. No go. Thanks for the suggestion though. Appreciate the thought & intent to help.

--Pete

kudzu_kid

Emperor
Premium Subscriber
Works great for me also just tested.
Are you trying to connect with a computer or phone?
If computer then try your phone with WIFI off this will eliminate your ISP.

I've tried 2 different PC's, 2 phones, and 2 tablets with and without my house ISP. However, because I reach the site and the error is happening once connected to the site, it seems to imply an intermittent issue on their side. So routing / connecting to the site doesn't seem to be an issue. Correct she behavior after connection is. Not for everyone. Some win, some lose. Some others - but not everyone - are experiencing the issue. I've started a "conversation" with Uniden via RR on this subject. I'll attempt it by email if need be, but I'd rather see the site working.

Hopefully it'll be fully functional soon. I'll post with how this resolves for me once I have a fix one way or another.

Thanks for your suggestion though! Appreciate the idea. ;)

Cheers,

--Pete

kudzu_kid

Emperor
Premium Subscriber
Happy Monday everyone!

So a few minutes ago I tried my.uniden.com again. Still no go.

Next, I called Uniden and spoke with a gentleman named "Forest" (sp.?) According to Forest, they've "...received a few calls about that this morning". And they are aware of the issue. It is a server side (not client side) issue. They're doing some system upgrades and expect operations to be back to normal in the next "...day or two". Time will tell. I'll try to wait, lol. But if not by about Weds, I'll see if I can pursue via email or some other way.

Stay tuned...

--Pete

belvdr

No longer interested in living
The Server Is Down, They know about it, No ETA for a fix. This is from customer support. and no they can't do it manually..... FYI
Things like this are disheartening. If there are multiple systems, it should be designed that one system can be taken out of the pool without impact.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
The Server Is Down, They know about it, No ETA for a fix. This is from customer support. and no they can't do it manually..... FYI

The server is not down for everyone. Some (like myself) are able to access that server and log in with no problems at all.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Happy Monday everyone!

So a few minutes ago I tried my.uniden.com again. Still no go.

Next, I called Uniden and spoke with a gentleman named "Forest" (sp.?) According to Forest, they've "...received a few calls about that this morning". And they are aware of the issue. It is a server side (not client side) issue. They're doing some system upgrades and expect operations to be back to normal in the next "...day or two". Time will tell. I'll try to wait, lol. But if not by about Weds, I'll see if I can pursue via email or some other way.

Stay tuned...

--Pete

@kudzu_kid try this....

use the actual IP address for that site instead of the other links... https://69.15.51.158

You may get a warning about an insecure site, it gives a warning about an expired certificate (that might have something to do with the problem right there).

If you want to try this, go through that warning and see if you can get to the site that way.

I'm wondering if some firewalls might be blocking that site because of an expired certificate?

belvdr

No longer interested in living
@kudzu_kid try this....

use the actual IP address for that site instead of the other links... https://69.15.51.158

You may get a warning about an insecure site, it gives a warning about an expired certificate (that might have something to do with the problem right there).

If you want to try this, go through that warning and see if you can get to the site that way.
It is expected for TLS to throw errors when browsing to an IP. TLS certificates are issued to names only. Mine alerts about an invalid name, but not expiration.

I'm wondering if some firewalls might be blocking that site because of an expired certificate?
Most consumer firewalls don't filter at layers 5 - 7. They are lucky if they do layer 4 (i.e. port level). It's worth a try though, but keep in mind, the code may force you back to my.uniden.com.

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
That could be...
If you can get in with the IP fxdscon posted...
Then try shutting your firewall down temporarily and try the normal way...

Virus software could be blocking the site maybe...
I don't use windows defender, I use ESET internet security...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.