how to remove talk group

Status
Not open for further replies.

DUK748

hello - my father has a bcd796d scanner & he lives in akron ohio - recently akron pd have
started to voice encrypt their drug task force & gang unit - I believe that Akron is using the DES/DVP encryption option which cannot be decoded - he listens mostly late at night & when they start to scramble it is almost constant - the scanner seems to stay on that channel or talk group not letting other transmissions thru - he has become very upset about this & he had the scanner programmed when he bought it - i know nothing about these units & would like to know if someone could post how i can lock out this channel or how i can just lock out that talk group - any help would be appreciated for a very angry retirey!! - thank you

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
DUK748 said:
hello - my father has a bcd796d scanner & he lives in akron ohio - recently akron pd have
started to voice encrypt their drug task force & gang unit - I believe that Akron is using the DES/DVP encryption option which cannot be decoded - he listens mostly late at night & when they start to scramble it is almost constant - the scanner seems to stay on that channel or talk group not letting other transmissions thru - he has become very upset about this & he had the scanner programmed when he bought it - i know nothing about these units & would like to know if someone could post how i can lock out this channel or how i can just lock out that talk group - any help would be appreciated for a very angry retirey!! - thank you

Hello,

I am not 100% familiar with that model, but I believe there is a key labeled "lockout"; when the scanner stops on that talkgroup, just press it and that talkgroup should be locked out from the scan sequence.

If I am in error hopefully someone else will come along and correct me! :D

n2mdk

When the scanner stops on that frequency or talkgroup simply press the lockout L/O button. That should lock it out of scan.

DUK748

heloo again - i have tried that as you have suggested but it seems that when i do that on that channel all the other transmissions on that channel disappear also - i would like to just get rid of that talk group & not change anything else - thank you again

n2mdk

When you go to do it is at showing the actual talkgroup ID or alpha tag sounds like your locking out the frequency and not just the TGID.

DUK748

yes - you have got it right - it is displaying the frequency - how do i lock out the tag??

n2mdk

Sounds like the scanner isn't in trunking mode, not sure where you go from here, other than hitting the trunk ans scan buttons. Hopefully someone else will. I know I have to do that on my BC780XLT after being in say WX mode.

Highpockets

When you turn the scanner on, and scan the bank you want to listen to. When you hit the scan button, what do you see on the screen, scan scrolling across the screen or ID scan up on the top of the display?

DUK748

hello again & thank you for all the help - yes scan is scrolling accross the screen -

Highpockets

DUK748 said:
hello again & thank you for all the help - yes scan is scrolling accross the screen -

Then that bank is scanning as a conventional system. No talk groups, if you lock out the frequency that's why you won't hear any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.