Pro-668: How to 'revert' from WS1080 to RS668?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustLou

I'd be really surprised if they were to decide to replace the locked scanners for new ones, but even if they did, I'm sure it would be more likely to be a WS1088, instead of a TRX 1.

Does anyone really think Whistler is gonna replace any locked scanners?

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone really think Whistler is gonna replace any locked scanners?

NO...but they could unlock them if they really wanted to, For their image, reputation and for public relations they should really reconsider their stance on this.

If they don't unlock them, then some hacker is going to take up the challenge and make it happen.

DonS

Hamradiostuffing said:
There are two versions of DSP 3.1

Only one version of DSP 3.1 was ever released; it was on 22 May 2017. The version available today is the same as the version available on that date.

I presume the rumor of a second version of DSP 3.1 started because a) Whistler released new WS1080/88 CPU firmware on 30 June and b) people seemed to notice "problems" with their stolen firmware some time later than that.

Wackyracer said:
but they could unlock them if they really wanted to,

Yep, they probably could. I think I've seen the procedure described elsewhere. However, there's no way they're going to do that for $60 (less return shipping). Hence, the $90 and $120 options.

J

jlmaddencc

a) Whistler released new WS1080/88 CPU firmware on 30 June and b) people seemed to notice "problems" with their stolen firmware some time later than that.

Hence, the $90 and $120 options.

Which is extortion PERIOD

2 Wrongs Don't make a right

J

jlmaddencc

A million to a billion bits of code that worked in 4 scanners with 1-2 bytes difference per each scanner, 3 that were intentionally inflicted w/ damage to someone else's personal property. What's that called doing an 'OJ Simpson,' is 9 to 33 years in prison good for you.

Whistler released new WS1080/88 CPU firmware on 30 June and b) people seemed to notice "problems" with their stolen firmware some time later than that.

Well I would hope folks like you and CPUNUT can breath a little easier now that folks like myself have sent their radios in for the official update. I felt like that Whistler deserved to be paid for their IP even though it does not add much functionality because I was running firmware 4.5 with Eric's tool already. I also because of this upgrade offer decided to buy a second Scanner (WS1088) instead of the bearcat. I hope that folks can move on with this now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.