How to Scan Systems BCD325P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KN4HTC

Maybe this is a stupid question, but how can I have my scanner scan only a specific system instead of every site of every system?

Example, I have system 1 with site A and B, system 2 with site C and D and system 3 with sites A and D.

How would I scan only system 1,2,or 3 instead of sites A,B,C,D?

Kaleier1

How would you scan a system without any of the sites? It's like asking how to scan a favorites list without having to scan any frequencies.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Maybe this is a stupid question, but how can I have my scanner scan only a specific system instead of every site of every system?

Example, I have system 1 with site A and B, system 2 with site C and D and system 3 with sites A and D.

How would I scan only system 1,2,or 3 instead of sites A,B,C,D?
You set up systems with multiple sites. You assign a system quick key to each site. Then, you can easily toggle each site on and off by pressing the site's system quick key number on the keypad. If at least one site is enabled, the system is on. If all sites in a system are disabled, the system is off. That way you can select the site or combination of sites on each system and turn off any system by turning off all of its sites. What is your city, county, and state and which systems are you monitoring?

KN4HTC

I meant how would I have it scan a particular system instead of all sites together? Including those out of range of my scanner.

Sounds like the solution is to assign a quick key to each site.

Using FreeScan, how do I assign a quick key to each site? And how many quick keys can I have?

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
Set quick keys within the systems
I meant how would I have it scan a particular system instead of all sites together? Including those out of range of my scanner.

Sounds like the solution is to assign a quick key to each site.

Using FreeScan, how do I assign a quick key to each site? And how many quick keys can I have?

You get 99 combinations of quick keys.

Go to the site within the system on Freescan, and you'll see the option to do a quick key there.

1600441199773.png

KN4HTC

OK, and if I have every site within a system turned off, then it won't scan that system? Only the ones I have turned on then?

Also, ID search vs ID scan? Which one scans for all talkgroups present on a system and which one scans only the ones I have listed under that system?

KN4HTC

To those that helped, thank you!

Regarding the user manual, those do tend to get lost from time to time. Especially if someone has been using that scanner for a little while and just decided to reprogram it to make it a little easier to use.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I prefer using the downloaded pdf manuals. Once you open the manual's file in Adobe Reader, you can use the 'find' function to locate what you need to review. That's much more useful than trying to determine what topic in a vague index (in the written manual) answers your questions.

You’re only ever just one click away from Mark’s Easier to Read 325p2 manual:

The easier to read online manuals are also handy. You can use the 'find' function on that page as well.

Last edited:

KN4HTC

Thanks y'all! Finally got the chance to sit down and reprogram the scanner. Found out that I can instead of setting each site with a separate quick key, I can toggle the entire system on and off by setting all sites in the system to the same key. A lot easier now!

pb_lonny

Thanks y'all! Finally got the chance to sit down and reprogram the scanner. Found out that I can instead of setting each site with a separate quick key, I can toggle the entire system on and off by setting all sites in the system to the same key. A lot easier now!

Glad to hear you worked it out and are on top of it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.