How to scan the detroit system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy252

Premium Subscriber
I have it all ready, and i have the firmware 1.3 update, Im currently using my RubberDuckie. Is there any Mobile or base antenneas that anyone would recommend for excellent reception outside of the city? I am scanning from Southeast Farmington Hills.

wjf

Jimmy252 said:
I have it all ready, and i have the firmware 1.3 update, Im currently using my RubberDuckie. Is there any Mobile or base antenneas that anyone would recommend for excellent reception outside of the city? I am scanning from Southeast Farmington Hills.

What radio are you using?

Run over to Radio Shack and buy an RS 800 rubber duckie. $17 makes a world of difference.

Jimmy252

Premium Subscriber
wjf said:
What radio are you using?

Run over to Radio Shack and buy an RS 800 rubber duckie. $17 makes a world of difference.

I am using a pro 96. Does the RS 800 Rubber Duckie really make that much diference?

PMSCAN

Premium Subscriber
I was in downtown last week with Pro 96 and 1.3 Firmware upgrade. The radio received the Detroit system the best when there was no attenna attached !!!! Give it a shot if you in Detroit City limits !

Jimmy252

Premium Subscriber
PMSCAN said:
I was in downtown last week with Pro 96 and 1.3 Firmware upgrade. The radio received the Detroit system the best when there was no attenna attached !!!! Give it a shot if you in Detroit City limits !

Your kidding, thats weird, i know when you listen to FMRS/GMRS there doesnt have to be an antenna, ill try with the 96 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.