How to scan Trunked frequencies e.g. Massachusetts State Police western mass

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC1OQB

I am using ProScan and when using the full database scan I did see 2 hits for Massachusetts State Police - Monson - State Police Troop B - Western - East Dispatch - B, B2, B3, B6, B7. But nowhere near the traffic I am hearing through Broadcastify - Massachusetts State Police Dispatch - Troop B

garys

Premium Subscriber
There is a forum sticky with a checklist to go through all the things that cause a "Nothing to scan" message to appear. Find that, go through the checklist and you will likely find your problem.

cg

Premium Subscriber
If you are not in the hollow in Granville, you might get the Mt Tom tower with the Motorola system but the West Granville tower on North La is the P25 portion of the system only. The control channel is 853.9000. I can't get it in Granby center but I live near a cell site that hurts my 700/800 reception.

chris

garys

Premium Subscriber
Are all of the analog sites west of Springfield shut down?

The farthest West that system covers is Springfield/Holyoke, west of that they are on the ComIRS P25 network

ecps92

other than North Adams [Greylock] there wasn't any Analog TRS west of Rte-91
Some of B-Troop [Lee] has a Conventional Repeater, but no TRS till the P25 build-out
Are all of the analog sites west of Springfield shut down?

KC1OQB

Thank you again for all your help. I have been using the telescoping antenna that came with the BCD536HP. I am going to try installing a
D130J Original Diamond Vertical Discone Antenna on the roof and see it that helps. I am starting to think that it isn't the configuration, it is the antenna.

fredva

Feed Provider
Thank you again for all your help. I have been using the telescoping antenna that came with the BCD536HP. I am going to try installing a
D130J Original Diamond Vertical Discone Antenna on the roof and see it that helps. I am starting to think that it isn't the configuration, it is the antenna.

Lack of reception won't cause a "Nothing to scan" message. That's a programming or configuration issue. You may have reception issues as an additional challenge.

cg

Premium Subscriber
The line for analog is not a hard I-91 thing. The Mt Tom Site 18 (which is west of I-91) is a very wide coverage area site.

Look at the display, if you see signal strength bars you should be able to hear the traffic. I prefer to custom program the systems and do not use the Uniden zip code monitoring at all. I would recommend creating a favorite with only the 853.9000 frequency, no talkgroups, no NAC, and see if you hear anything. You should easily be getting the West Granville site from where you are. Use caution about too much antenna. The more B South sites you can receive, the bigger the chance of simulcast interference.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.