• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

How to set "Admit Criteria" in CPS 16.0 828 for XPR-6550

VA1YZX

Good day! Where in CPS 16.0 828 does one set the "Admit Criteria" for a XPR-6550? I've been specifically looking for it without success. Screen shots and/or a detailed tree would be really helpful. The question behind the question is, as programmed I get the busy tone when near the shiploader at work and thus cannot transmit (crazy stray RF in the area / the noise floor is extremely high). Also when utilizing the repeater, back home (VE1WN), I have to wait for the repeater to drop before I can key up making for unnaturally long pauses between Rx and Tx on my end during communications.
My understanding is that if I could set the Admit Criteria to Always it would allow me to transmit despite the stray RF near the Shiploader and also after the other person stops while using the repeater.
Thank you for any and all assistance pertaining to this matter.

K2NEC

It's in channel parameters under the transmit frequency. It's a per-channel setting not a global one

VA1YZX

Thank you kindly for the assistance. I'm still failing to find it. I've added this screenshot in the hope it can help you help me. If I scroll down, there is one more drop down box for Power Level below the check box for VOX.

1727039705080.png

VA1YZX

This has worked to solve my issue. Admit Criteria was changed to Always on the respective channels in the Expert View in CPS 16 828. The radio now transmits despite being in the vicinity of the shiploader with all the stray RF which was triggering the Busy Channel tone previously. My thanks again to K2NEC and KevinC for the guidance.