How to set this system up in my 396xt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you are totally new to scanners, I would start with floating your mouse up on the blue toolbar under the Scanner Master ad over Wiki and select Wiki Home. There you will find a purple colored section marked 'Links for Newcomers'. Read up on the links found there.

About 2/3 down the right side of the page, you will find a section called 'Popular Topics'. Select the 'Uniden DMA FAQ'. Read the first 3 links - then go to the very bottom and download the 'Easier to Read' manual (or order the printed version from Scanner Master) for the 396XT.

What software - if any - are you using? This is a mixed mode rebanded system that should be a snap to program, assuming all the control channels (there are only 3 listed - and nothing else?) are correct. The main players with this scanner are ProScan, ARC-XT, FreeScan (freeware) and BCTool (also freeware, but only the paid version gets the RR Download ability). Links for these can be found in a link from the DMA Scanners and Software article that's linked in the FAQ.

If you get a premium subscription you should be able to download this from the database into the software and have the correct tables loaded. See the link for details on that.

best regards..Mike

UnidenBulldog

Wow, actually very easy. Problem is its got to be missing some frequencys? I programed another local PD and its working great. But it had about 20 frequencys. Is there anywhere that I could try to find more frequencys for the Mooresville one?

UnidenBulldog

Also says it has gone through a rebanding process. Could that be the problem? If so what do I do?

blue5011

Mooresville Trunking System, Mooresville, North Carolina - Scanner Frequencies

Please let me know what is what. Ive gotten so confused about what needs to go where to get this to work. I would like to listen to the Police talkgroups. Thanks

I would go to the North Carolina forum (The RadioReference.com Forums > Regional Radio Discussion Forums, North Carolina Radio Discussion Forum) and there you will probably find others who have already comprised or built a file that you can load via Freescan. I could not figure out the digital/ P25 channels myself, but found someone who already had a file, loaded it and adjusted it for my use.

Status
Not open for further replies.