How to set up scanner feed via teamspeak

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpawel15x

Hi,

I want to put up a scanner feed for some of my friends. But have no idea where to start, I want to do it through teamspeak but I don't know how to set it up. Any help will be appreciated. It appears that I have to pay for a server, is there any free software that will get my scanner feed online for free?

Last edited:

ffemt601

Because I can't leave the computer on 24/7. I want to have the ability of letting my friend listen in when something big happens.

I am confused as Teamspeak would require you to leave the computer on as well. To stream a scanner online you are going to need to leave your computer on or purchase an encoder for around 450 dollars.

If you want you could just purchase time on a server. You can get away with as low as $2 a month for 10 listening slots with unmetered bandwidth. Then just run your feed any time you would like.

Here is one place you can check out.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
I think what he's saying is that he has a scanner, his friends don't, and to make it easier, he wants to set it up so that when something is going on, he can let them know, and they can connect to his radio.

Teamspeak won't work for what you want to do, unless you have a server available (like the one at Scan New England). Server rental is too expensive for your needs, so setting it up won't work either.

Since you're looking at a small number of listeners, I'd just go with Scannercast and let them connect via URL

EDIT:

Did not mean Scannercast, meant Proscan. I don't think Scannercast has the ability to generate it's own internal feed page.

Last edited:

xpawel15x

I am confused as Teamspeak would require you to leave the computer on as well. To stream a scanner online you are going to need to leave your computer on or purchase an encoder for around 450 dollars.

What I'm trying to say is that I will not have the ability to leave my computer on for a very long time therefore the feed will show as offline for most of the time if I feed it through RR. I wanted to use teamspeak, so I can let my friend listen only for those short periods of time , for example during a large incident.

Yes, Citywide173 is right and thanks I'll give that program a try.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hi,

I want to put up a scanner feed for some of my friends. But have no idea where to start, I want to do it through teamspeak but I don't know how to set it up. Any help will be appreciated. It appears that I have to pay for a server, is there any free software that will get my scanner feed online for free?

ProScan has a Web Server feature where your friends can connect directly from a browser.

What kind of scanner?
If you don't have a scanner that ProScan supports, ProScan Web Server can get the tags from another program if the other program puts the channel info in the caption/title.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.