how to solder an SO239 UHF female jack flange

Status
Not open for further replies.

mainetrunk

Hi guys, I had to teach myself how to solder 1st off.. Never understood how to get the solder to stick... I searched everywhere how to solder this part, there is no you tube video of info. Just where to buy 1. Now that I learned where/how to put the iron,,,,,, my question is-- if done right, will the 10 gauge copper solid strand wire be SOLID in there or is it not possible? Thanks, Ron...playing with hf wire antennas-coils,,,,,,,

Blackink

So.......seeings how you didn't find a youtube video on the type of soldering you're trying to do, what are the chances you can make a video when you do the actual soldering and upload that to youtube for future reference for others that may need the help/info?

Any chance?
Thanks...

mainetrunk

I cant believe I'm the only 1 to write about the procedure. Either I'm an idiot, or all other users thought another person will do it. Well, can do, but that would mean buying another and risking perfection again.. But, I could use another 1.. We'll see.. But for the most part -- you simply put the iron under the bare knub, put wire into knub hole, support everything somehow, apply solder ( thin stock ) to top, stop as soon as you see its melting in to place.. My copper wire is in the shape of a sardine can OPENER--that key. Not as big.. It's an experiment, gator clamps grab the KEY , wire runs,,,,,, but that connection is my question--will it take any stress?

mainetrunk

Awesome guy, 1--can I fabricate 1? 2--what material should it be made of? 3--is thicker better for that piece? Thanks for the fast responses guys!! Ron

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
This is what I thought of when I read your post.

Amphenol 83-765

83-765.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.