How to start a new profile ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilbell

i would like to start a new profile with nothing in it. Evbery time I start Sentinel I gety the old profile last used and haven't yet found a way to clear it all out of Sentinel. I have done a "clear user data", tried to open a new profile and when i do it starts up with the same old listing of FLs ( all 42 of them).

Please clue me in !

Neil Bell

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Profile is separate from Favorite Lists. It is scanner settings, including which Favorite lists are downloaded to the scanner. Favorite Lists can be shared among multiple profiles.

neilbell

Okay, I understand that but :

Profile is separate from Favorite Lists. It is scanner settings, including which Favorite lists are downloaded to the scanner. Favorite Lists can be shared among multiple profiles.

Lets say I want a profile which just contains 3 or 4 of my existing Favorite Lists. How can i do that!

Neil

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
That would be "Download ON". This setting causes only the desired Favorites Lists to be written to your scanner. Download OFFF means they are not written.

The Favorites Lists you see in Sentinel are like tools in a tool chest. If you have some work to do, you go to the tool chest and collect the tools you think you need, probably just some of the tools you have. You may put these tools in a smaller bag to take to the job.

That "smaller bag" is your Profile. The process of collecting the tools from the tool chest and putting them in the tool bag is comparable to "Download On".

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
I think he wants a step by step instruction guide as to how do to this. anyone want to tackle that?

Status
Not open for further replies.